Lander here I come

A

AZWALKER

Well, it looks like by June I will be moving to Wyoming. My wife and I planned on moving to Sheridan at first but it looks like I may have a great job in Lander. Sorry, deals not done yet so I can't say where but its a great job. My wife was born and raised in Wyoming so we're not coming blind. I'm reaaallly looking forward to getting the hell out of Phoenix!!!

Donnie

Hope it works out for you up there, nice town. And close to some good hunting too.........speed goats too.

Brian

We've been kicking it around for a while. I'm pumped. The biggest thing I'll have to get used to is the winters, that'll be a new one for me. Then again... no more 120 degree summers either!!! Has anyone talked to Pronghornhunter lately??? He lives in Lander. I'd like to talk to him about what that town is like.

Donnie

AZ,
you'll love Lander. I spent the better part of my young life in Lander. for seventeen years I hunted and fished and terrorized those mountains as a kid. It is an unbeleiveable place to raise a family as well. Great schools, and a very nice community. Enjoy it! I recommend trying to get a house up in the sinks canyon area...very close to the popoagie river, and the public land.

Lander is a nice place I live in Shoshoni only about 40 miles away.. If it wouldn't be for a 100 mile trip one way to work I would call Lander home!! Very close to the hills and a good area to raise a family. If you don't mind me asking who you going to work for?

Mack

Mack

I can't say yet because its not a done deal but its a very good position with a great company, I'll let you know when its for sure. I've been through Lander and it seemed like a great little town. My father-in-law lives in Thermopolis and before that he lived in Riverton so I've spent a little time in the area. I can't wait to hit the Wally's and Bow's on Boisen, right out your back door!!!! Our other option is Sheridan if this job deal doesn't happen but I think I'd rather live in Lander.

snakervercatman,
That is very encouraging to hear and thanks for taking the time to respond. Like I said to Mack, I've spent a little time around there but not really enough to get to know the place. I do know I got a better feeling about Lander than I did about Gillette, that place is strange! I shot my first goat out on Gas Hills road in 2005 so I know theres good Lopes around there, can't wait to find some big muleys!

Donnie

Yes sir 5 minutes and I am fishing on the ice or the bank! Good luck and let me know when and if your going to be here...

I should know by the middle of next week but I'm 90% sure we'll be there. Awsome lake too. I tell everyone down here about the fish my kids caught up there and they hardly believe it. I can't wait!!!

Donnie

You should really love Lander. I was born and raised there. Moved to Kansas in 92. I've been trying to find a way to move back for the last ten years. My wife and I still have a lot of family in Lander. I used to know the area like the back of my hand. Good Luck.

John

Yeah I leave here on the 10th and start work there on the 14th. Couple days to fish and then I'm hard at it.

Donnie

I am envying you!!!!! Hey I might PM you about the trailhead outside of town that leads into the Cirque , if you don't mind. I keep hearing stories and I'd like some first hand info it possible?

Just reading Outdoor Life. Sheridan got rated 3rd best city to live. I tried to talk the wife into moving there, but being from Ontario, Canada I didn't have much luck.

Welcome to the area... I live about 25 miles NW of Lander. If you like wide open spaces and small towns you will love it. It is close to pretty much any kind of fishing you want.. close to hunting pretty much anything you want.

Lander has changed and is growing. It used to be a nice, friendly, conservative, town. Still some long time locals, but there has been an influx of pony tails and eco freaks. Lander also has the largest population of lesbians in Wyoming. Nice close proximety to some nice country. Enjoy! Who did you go to work for?

I'm starting tomorrow for Fremont Motors. I heard there were a few "different" people moving into Lander, but I'm sure it still doesn't hold a candle to where I just moved from! At least I don't live in Phoenix anymore!

Donnie

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom