Landowner Damage Compensation Hunts

H

hogliver

Can anyone explain how these tags are allocated? I assume they are issued to landowners, who then sell them off?

My understanding is a NDOW biologist goes out and does a count (antelope,deer, and elk) on the landowners grounds and is issued permits depending on the amount of animals on his land. I think there is also tags given to landowners for not developing certain critical land areas(winter grounds,etc..)

I believe landowner picks a period of maximum use where crops are being affected/fences damaged. Then owner and wildlife personnel do an actual count if and where/when possible. Something for every 50 animals counted, a tag is allowed. Some landowners have enough that they employ a broker to get maximum value out of these tags. I think in Nevada, the tag holder has a choice to hunt the private property or during a general hunt. The choice has to be made at time of application/issue.

It's a BS rip-off off. I've got a 360 elk that has been feeding on public lands. Steps over some land owners fence and becomes worth 10,000 + dollars.

Sorry, just one of the things (like the welfare tag system for "outfitters") that pisses me off about Nevada.

Flame away.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom