Landowner rules

C

CASTLE

I was lucky and drew an antelope tag for New Mexico. Last night I called the guy who owns the ranch I was assigned to. Seemed like a real nice guy. When I asked about scouting, he said to come on out to the ranch, but he would assign me a PASTURE to hunt. I may be putting the cart before the horse having never been to this ranch before. But after thinking about it I kinda got pissed. The NM proclamation say "Publice hunters, when assigned to a ranch, have free, equal and unrestricted access to the entire ranch".He has 10 landowner tags and 2 public tags. Who do you think is going to get the best PASTURES? I'm headed out to scout tomorrow, it might not make any difference, but if it does do I have a leg to stand on? Anyone ever run in to this with landowners before?

You have two legs to stand on!!
When you go scout tomorrow, get a statement from him in writing. If he puts what he told you in his note, take it to the G&F. Even if he doesn't put it in writng, contact the G&F. You are by law, allowed FREE and FULL access to the ranch that you drew for.
If he tries to keep you out of certain pastures, he can and will lose his hunting agreement with the G&F. Good luck and I hope you kill a Booner!
Josh

Sic 'em Josh! LMAO, I hope you get all over trespassers and poachers on our place like that this year! See you tomorrow.

Drummond

Thanks for the reply. It turned out to not be a problem. The rancher was real friendly. He tells his pay hunters were they can hunt, but he was real accomdating to me. Did't see any wall hangers but a few shooters. Thanks again.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom