landowner tag

M

Magnummatt

There's a guy on this site trying to sell a 3rd season 66 deer voucher.He says he bought it for himself, now he is trying to sell it.That goes beyond facilitating for the landowner.I thought that was a No,No!!!! in colorado.I'm all for landowners being reimburst for the habitat that they provide and giving them a better chance at being drawn,especially when its so hard to get tags these days.Can anyone shed some light on what would happen to the seller,buyer and landowner if the CDOW would get wind of this.I can't believe that anyone would pay $7000 for a voucher.Would hate to see a landowner get into trouble he doesn't know anything about the resell.

I asked the CDOW this very question. Here is their response.

Dear Mr.Beanman;

The Division of Wildlife regulation that covers third-party brokering is at WEB address http://wildlife.state.co.us/NR/rdonlyres/C2905136-F620-4956-A534-9D5D00A12EDB/0/Ch2BigGame.pdf. See paragraph 4. a. 5. on page 13.

Quote Landowner vouchers may be transferred one time only, and shall only be transferred by the landowner to the hunter that will use the voucher to purchase the license. Third-party brokering of landowner vouchers is not permitted. Violation of this subsection shall invalidate the applicable landowner voucher and license purchased with it. Unquote

An exchange of money and voucher between hunter and someone other than the landowner would indicate that a third ?party transaction had occurred.

Respectfully,

Jerry

Colorado Division of Wildlife

Denver Call Center

303-291-7419

[email protected]

Then this guy would be selling a invalid voucher for $7000. He would get $7000 and the buyer would get the bone.Nice guy,huh!!!

Magnum,

Theere are more than one Tag ,uh, 'facilitator's' that pay to advertise on this site. There, I was nice and didn't use the 'P' word.

Beanman

Beanman
Not sure what you where getting at?? but i don't think this guy is a facilitator, from his add under hunts and tags sounds like he bought the voucher now he doesn't want to hunt so he's selling it. Seems like its buyer beware, so heads up for anyone interested in a landowner voucher for colorado.Seems to me if theres no penalty for the guy reselling the voucher he can sell it to an unsuspecting buyer. Thanks for the info, Beanman.

Magnum,

I was referring to Tag Pimps. Several of them advertise on this website even though it clearly subverts the intent of the law. Just wish the DOW had the stones to go after them. Better yet, make all Landowner Tags good only for the property they were issued for instead of unit wide. That would take care of any problem.

Beanman

Hey Guys,
That LO voucher add is mine.
I have been trying to delete it all day with no sucess and have contacted Muleys4U for some help.
I am going to use the tag like I planned on...now, Call me naive but I never even considered that it was illegal.
With all the advertizements for landowner vouchers on this site and the the reaction from the person I bought it from when I told him I was going to sell it, I thought it was common practice.

Lesson learned...

heck, I didn't want to sell it anyway... I just figured it was the best thing for me to do with the way the housing market is affecting my business.

High5,

I wouldn't blame yourself. Market factors have motivated people to make a buck on landowner tags. It isn't in their interest to inform potential buyers that what they are doing may be illegal depending on how they do it.

Have a great hunt,

BeanMan

" THE COST OF HUNTING "

As a young boy I can remember my father stuffing newspaper into his leather boots getting ready to take his 30/30 lever action, open site rifle on a cold December buck hunt behind the house.He was a young new father just trying to make ends meet.When I became old enough and completed my hunter safety education we would hunt every weekend together.Whether it was for birds,rabbits or deer we hunted from October to mid Jan. every year.I'm sure he worked many hours of overtime so he could buy me my first shotgun and rifle.Although he never said so or mentioned it.I never saw him buy a new rifle for himself and I'm sure he had to budget his money so he would have gas money to take me hunting every weekend.Over the years he taught me every thing I know about hunting.Although I have hunted with some very knowledgeable hunters, they pretty much just reinforced what he had taught me.He also taught me to respect and follow the rules no matter how dumb I thought they where.Not to bend them or look for loopholes(Hello, Mr. Facilitator).He also taught me to respect the wildlife and the land we hunted.To make a quick,clean,ethical kill(not a 60 yard bow shot because its a big buck and the last day).Not to poach animals because we didn't have much money and needed the meat.He taught me a love for all wildlife and the outdoors.Those weeekends we did take quite a few birds,rabbits and a few nice Bucks but none that would make B&C.We didn't have noney to mount them,just some racks on the wall in the garage.I enjoyed those hunts just as much if not more than any hunt I've every been on.
Sixteen years ago I went on my 1st Colorado hunt.I bought a $110.00 deer tag and could hunt just about anywhere in the state.Did that for a few years which resulted in a few doe and small bucks, which was fine with me because I didn't know anything about taking a measuring tape to a rack.If it was bigger than the last it was a trophy.Did the same for elk with a $250.00 bull tag for a few years with the same results.Over the years I thought $250 was too much for "Me" to pay for an OTC bull tag.But I became Addicted to elk hunting.Over the years I also read more articles of propaganda how success was determined by the size of the head gear and how a couple more inches meant you where a better hunter.So,I started to put out even more money for license fees,bonus point,prefernce points etc......Now I'm aware these fees help with the preservation and management of wildlife for hunters and nonhunters present and future,which is one reason I don't mind spending the money.So,when does the cost become too much?? Is it when I'm buying a govenors tag for 10s of thousands of dollars and flying around the wilderness in a helicopter looking for a deer with 200" of bone on his head so I can mount it and brag how I killed this majestic creature(killing is not that difficult).or is it when I spend six figures on a bighorn sheep hunt,so I can brag I did the Grand Slam(ego trip). Now for me to say anything against these practices would surely be hipocritical.Although my tag may only cost me hundreds this year.My entire elk trip is going to cost me a small fortune.Much more than most of my blue collar friends can afford.They must surely think I'm an idiot!!!
So, I think. Has the COST OF HUNTING made me forget the values my father taught me on those weekends when I was a boy??? Have I lost all respect for the wildlife I hunt by helping commercialize hunting? Has the cost become too much??

Never Quit Hunting

Just Quit paying the middleman.

Thank You, all Walk in Access participants in Colorado

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom