Landowner Tags?

DBLung

LAST EDITED ON Jul-21-12 AT 05:35PM (MST)[p]I was lucky enough to draw a Wyoming region C general tag this fall, and just found out my father would like to join me. He's only got a few years of hunting left in him and I can't pass it up. I'm looking for a good landowner tag or voucher that he could buy. I would be willing to spend some $$ for a permission slip to join him. I'm not sure how it works in Wyoming. Any help would be great.

No such thing in Wyoming. Landowner tags are not transferrable and the outfitters don't get any vouchers or tags set aside either.

>No such thing in Wyoming.
>Landowner tags are not transferrable
>and the outfitters don't get
>any vouchers or tags set
>aside either.

And lets keep it that way too!!!

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

LAST EDITED ON Jul-21-12 AT 06:52PM (MST)[p]Amen to that tailchasers! I just happened to think that maybe you would want to take your Dad along and let him hunt antelope. Units 15-19 are north of I-90 in your deer area and 22-23 are south of I-90 roughly between and south of Gillette to Buffalo. All of the units, except 18, have a lot of buck tags left and all have plenty of doe/fawn antelope tags available. Those would be the only tags you can buy for your Dad at this late date that he could have fun hunting with you, but mulies are out of the picture. However, I hope you have done your homework well because Region C and all of those antelope units I mentioned in that general area of the state have very little accessible public land and to have a really good hunt you really would be best to pay an access fee for a ranch or two. That may also be difficult at this late date, at least for the opening week. You can get a list of ranchers from the G&F Office in Gillette.

That's to bad. I researched weather Wyoming offered landowner tags for sale but couldn't find anything. Now I know. I doubt he will be to excited about hunting antelope.

Thanks,

I would think you guys would be excited to go toegether even if one doesn't have any tags, especially if he is on his last hunting legs!

Oh yea, He's still coming. I just got a little excited when he asked if I could get a tag for him. He doesn't carry a rifle very often anymore. Looking forward to every moment of it.

Surprise him with an antelope tag. You may be surprised at his reaction when he gets to carry that rifle one more time!

I agree with T.G. surprise him with an Antelope tag. I don't know anyone who wouldn't enjoy hunting them !!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom