LaPanza Tule Bull

Founder

Founder Since 1999
Paul Crawford asked me to post this photo for him of his brother-in-law's LaPanza tule bull.
DC4ABF42-CBAA-4B0D-9B5C-4C97CFE9C05A.jpeg

Casey Nick owner of Lost Valley Outfitters helped him. Matt and Cliff St. Martin owners of Dry Creek Outfitters also helped. In other words, he had two "A" teams. Kirk helps Dry Creek on sheep hunts a few times every year.

He used a .270 short mag. 200 hundred yard shot.

There is a bit of public land in the unit but good luck. Most of the time they hang out just on the other side of the fence (private). So it's either hunt the very limited public ground, hire a guide that has access or pay a pretty hefty trespass fee.

The reason Cliff & Matt were there is they are all friends, I highly doubt Dry Creek charged him. Brooks Stiltz‘ father was the tag holder, and Brooks, who guides for Dry Creek, was gone deer hunting in eastern Nevada when his dad shot this bull, or he’d have been there too.

The St. Martin’s are simply great guys. Excellent sheep hunters and great people to share a camp with. I’d like to hunt with them again.

I had the tag in 2017. You dont need private land to kill a bull. Just the patience to figure out their patterns. 1 bull tag is given on each hunt to the Fish and Game property thru a drawing the day before the hunt. I didn't get the G & F property tag. BLM plubic land.

Do you need a guide or access to private ? No. Would it be the smartest decision of your life on a once and a lifetime tag? Probably.

Outside of being rich and being able to buy a tag for 20k+ you’ll never have the opportunity again.

Tule elk are the biggest racket going.

Those are true statements. I did check into a few outfitters. They were proud ($$$)to whack 1 on a ranch for a 2 day hunt. I opted for a DYI hunt. Hunted all BLM land and killed an elk in my home state 3 hours from my house. I was stoked. I would be glad to help anyone who draws this tag.

Those are true statements. I did check into a few outfitters. They were proud ($$$)to whack 1 on a ranch for a 2 day hunt. I opted for a DYI hunt. Hunted all BLM land and killed an elk in my home state 3 hours from my house. I was stoked. I would be glad to help anyone who draws this tag.
Would love to see a pic of your bull. My only concern with BLM is finding a 280-300” bull still in tact. You save all your life for this tag and old like to get one pushing that 300” mark.

Awesome bull. Was this outfitted or with an outfitter? Would like to know the outfitter if he went in that direction. Thanks
Awesome bull. Was this outfitted or with an outfitter? Would like to know the outfitter if he went in that direction. Thanks
Yes he used Oakstone Outfitters but 2 years ago I helped another buddy kill this La Panza bull on public land.

E2176AC5-A1B9-4D54-A939-41FF01B7DB71.jpeg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom