Laramie hotel

Seamaster

My wife and I will be in Laramie for a few days in mid-November. We want a nice hotel that is not close to the UW campus. It looks like the Fairfield Inn is in a quiet area, but we have not booked it yet. Does anyone here have any recommendations?

Americaninn. Not far from wal-mart.

I like it cause it has a small living room with chairs and a couch. then the bedroom is off to the side. much more room.

they also have some fancy rooms like the buffalo bill room as an example. I cant remember the names

Fairfield is by the Interstate. Americinn or Hampton would be my recc. but have not stayed at either, did eat breakfast at the Americinn and it was good. We have some good small town cafe types for breakfast though.
Downtown is what you want to avoid on game days weekends.

AmericInn is a good place to stay, They do have a good breakfast, but there are a couple breakfast places that should be considered. They are the Old Man Grill and just across street, there is the 17th Street Cafe (310 South 17th St.) The Prairie Rose in downtown Laramie is also a good breakfast place, but we have a hard time passing up the Old Man Grill or the 17th Street Cafe.

ClearCreek

Motel 8 off 287, and i80

Cheap, clean, and next door to a good Mexican restaurant on one side, and a Korean BBQ place on the other with (don't laugh)..... good sushi.

:)

I'll second 17th St cafe, our favorite in town , and The Prairie Rose.
For lunch, Andale Rapido for mexican food.
Best beer is at The Library but try out the other craft brewers in town.

This is all very helpful information. I have not stayed in Laramie before and traveling with my wife requires nice hotels and good restaurants.

I would have to say if she like finer dining then you need to check out the Rib and Chop house and Altitudes. The cafes listed above are all really small town, homey type places. Rib and Chop is kind of new and has decent steaks and such for more money. Altitudes is well established and locally owned downtown. We have good Thai food at Anong's and vegetarian choices downtown too, Sweet Melissa's and Jeffrey's.
November may bring some interesting weather though ; be prepared for bitter cold, snow, wind and road closures. Or warm and sunny.
You'll like our little town, I hope.

Not sure when you're coming but the mid Nov football game is out of town, Boise St comes in on 21st. They will travel well and town will be busy. Fun atmosphere for college game day but can be a zoo if a big game.
Be prepared for any weather and road closures.
Maybe we'll see you around town , travel safe .

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom