Lasal late season

Lymanhh

Just thinking out loud and looking to the 2021 season. My dad once upon a time wanted to kill an elk. Then when I started hunting I've always been a deer guy. He decided along with me that we like big Muleys better. That being said he is 62 and is possibly just thinking of burning what points he has on lasal late as top tier units are way out of question unless lady luck shined on him. Just looking for opinions on the unit. We're not far away from it at all. And would hate to just never see points not go to anything.

The La Sals are awesome for elk any time before mid October. But after that, it is tough to find elk not on the cwmus, and truthfully, most of them run over to Colorado

My brother-in-law had the late La Sal tag this year and ate tag soup. Don’t know anything about the unit as I have never set foot on it. How many points does he have?

My 74 year old dad shot this bull on the muzzy. We were in the same boat and decided it was time to cash in points. Since it would be dads last big bull we went with BTO and had a great time. In two days of scouting we saw multiple bulls and had settled on a 335 bull with some broken points when this guy showed up. I didn’t want to tell dad how big this was as I need him to focus on the shot. He dropped him in his tracks and then I started celebrating this beast. Nothing like walking up to a bull like that.

84765DEE-6EB0-4E29-BAAA-8B69AFFB7E2A.jpeg

8CC43526-33C0-4F04-8E9F-820B54EE25E4.jpeg

My 74 year old dad shot this bull on the muzzy. We were in the same boat and decided it was time to cash in points. Since it would be dads last big bull we went with BTO and had a great time. In two days of scouting we saw multiple bulls and had settled on a 335 bull with some broken points when this guy showed up. I didn’t want to tell dad how big this was as I need him to focus on the shot. He dropped him in his tracks and then I started celebrating this beast. Nothing like walking up to a bull like that.

View attachment 18639

View attachment 18641
PMd you

View attachment 18639

View attachment 18641
Sweet bull!

I know two people that have hunted the late rifle hunts, 2019 and 2020. It was very hard and a long hunt for both of them, but they both killed respectable 320-335 type bulls Near the end of the season. Both were a bit busted up, but nothing a good taxi couldn’t fix up. They both had 3-4 people helping them and it paid off.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom