Late 221-223 Deer

rexcorbett

I finally drew the late 221-223 Nevada deer hunt, Oct 30-Nov 5th. I was hoping someone that has hunted that late hunt would know what unit to hunt and where the deer would be concentrated? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks

My friend drew this late seaason tag. I will be helping him during his hunt. Does any body have any advice on where to start at. We have never hunted this unit before and are lookig for some help on where to start. Also does anyone have any pics of deer that were taken out of these units? Thanks for the help, Eric

My friend drew this late seaason tag. I will be helping him during his hunt. Does any body have any advice on where to start at. We have never hunted this unit before and are lookig for some help on where to start. Also does anyone have any pics of deer that were taken out of these units? Thanks for the help, Eric
One thing is for certain.... The 2011 hunt was a helluva lot better than 2022. The deer taken these days is a far cry from what it used to be.

Be happy to find 5 bucks and be even happier to shoot the fork on the last day. (not really that bad yet, but eventually they will run it into the ground like they did across the highway in 13)

One thing is for certain.... The 2011 hunt was a helluva lot better than 2022. The deer taken these days is a far cry from what it used to be.

Be happy to find 5 bucks and be even happier to shoot the fork on the last day. (not really that bad yet, but eventually they will run it into the ground like they did across the highway in 13)
They’ve cut the tags a ton so it’ll be an awesome low pressure hunt. I know the age structure isn’t what it was in there but with the moisture they’ve had I’d be damn excited about having that tag personally.

They’ve cut the tags a ton so it’ll be an awesome low pressure hunt. I know the age structure isn’t what it was in there but with the moisture they’ve had I’d be damn excited about having that tag personally.
Cut a ton of tags because deer numbers have plummeted. It'll be nicer with less hunters for sure, but it still won't be great. Just like 13, they cut the tags drastically (85% or so since 2020) and it still is a tough hunt and that area has more water year round than 22 does by far.

I’m still in complete shock about unit 13. Was there 2 yrs ago for 5 days on the rifle hunt little to no deer. 3 of us as a seasoned hunters with some of the best optics in the world and we couldn’t find hardly any deer. I was there with my dad in 2016 and deer were everywhere. Just amazing what happened to this place.

I’m still in complete shock about unit 13. Was there 2 yrs ago for 5 days on the rifle hunt little to no deer.
Yep, same. I had the early rifle tag and scouted/hunted all the units in that area (131-134). Saw a handful of does and horses and that was it. I hiked to the top of a few peaks to get away from the roads, nada, and in the end I ran out of vacation time from work. lol

It's not like that area is a barren wasteland. It's green and full of streams everywhere. It's as if the deer just migrated and never returned.

Yep, same. I had the early rifle tag and scouted/hunted all the units in that area (131-134). Saw a handful of does and horses and that was it. I hiked to the top of a few peaks to get away from the roads, nada, and in the end I ran out of vacation time from work. lol

It's not like that area is a barren wasteland. It's green and full of streams everywhere. It's as if the deer just migrated and never returned.
See any elk out there? I drew one of the archery elk tags this year. Looking forward to it

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom