Late cattle

JPblind

Is it just me or does it seem cattle are out later this year on public land. Did some bird hunting in the danskins and cattle out everywhere same thing at ryegrass by bennett. No good feed for deer and elk in these areas as everything is chewed down to ankle high stubble so no need for animals to hang around those areas.

I have seen the same thing by Bennett mountain. Spotting cows all over the place and having a really hard time finding elk....Saw a few small rag horns but haven't found anything worth chasing after.

Yes sir all those draws on bennett should be holding elk and deer by now but not seeing it this year. Kicked up one nice buck in the sage flats.

Talking with some of the archery hunters that were up there they weren't seeing anything really either. I haven't even really seen any up high on the private when I was glassing. It's getting really frustrating having this bull tag and not really seeing anything moving.

Homer is right. Last year they did their best but we’re still pulling stragglers off the east side of Bennett late into the third week of October.

They don’t have to move them, the farmers took over the game and fish. It’s not about wildlife management anymore, the farmers are giving you an opportunity.

If you see cows on public land SS….don’t try to bury them, it’s a cow for Christ’s sake!

I know one of the ranchers that leases part of the danskins they generally bring they're cows down around the first of November and have done so for the 12 yrs I've known him.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom