Late Fillmore Pahvant elk

nvpinstripe

Well my lucky brother-in-law drew a late season elk tag for the Fillmore Pahvant unit. We are really looking forward to the hunt. We are going up to the unit a week early to scout and get the lay out of the unit. I am not looking for a personal honey hole; however, I would love some information and possibly some good places to start. I have lots of info for most species in NV that I could share.

We'll be down there on the spike muzzy hunt, and will keep our eyes open, we'll be camped there at the bottom of corn creek. Hope for snow!

Bigjohn, I sent u a PM back. Thanks for the info and sorry for the delay been away from the computer for a few days. Thanks!!

Sorry, it so long to post back about the trip. We had a great time and saw some nice elk. We hunted every day except the last day of the season. Saw some nice ones, but just unable to close the deal. On the second to last day of the hunt my brother-in-law decided to take a nice 5x4 bull. We did not want to go home empty handed. I will post some pics of the bull when he sends them to me. Utah has some great animals and and you have to respect the incredible country that thy live in. For a small mountain range, it kicked our butt!

I also wanted to thank Big John here on MM site. He really helped me on the lay of the land and put us in the right area from the start. Thanks again John. It is hard in this day and age to find someone that knows the area well and is willing to share some great information.

In all fantastic hunt. I will post pics when I get them.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom