Late Muzzy Whitetail

Stillwater165

Very Active Member
Well , I couldn’t shoot a muley anywhere this season if you tied him to a tree for me but the whitey game has been going well. We’re bone dry , not an ounce of snow on the ground and windy as all get out ! I generally don’t start till the ground is white and the temps hit rock bottom but I had the day off today. I went into the timber pretty early , climber on my back , prepared to sit till dark. About halfway in I decided to come up out of the bottoms and check a ravine I know they like with a hard north wind. Sure enough I topped the hill enough to see , deer all over ! The best buck was bedded down , nothing had seen me but I had no where to go. I was pinned behind a big tree. I ended up slipping the climber off my back and just watching ....... for hours until he stood ! The second he got on his feet I let the Paramount bark and literally smacked the heck out of him. Heavy old tall buck , nothing special but a special hunt to me.
807C21A4-E9B7-4F4B-AAE2-597A3DB66C26.jpeg

I don’t know if this will offend anyone here but my gosh I’m impressed with this new gun ! Cva Paramount cranked up with those new fangled dagger pointed long range bullets !!!! He was 141 yards broadside. Ouchy .....
270A120B-AC24-4F36-A55A-36903BB8E8B4.jpeg

I started muzzleloader hunting with my dad 35 years ago , with an old sidelock open sights ....... the game sure has changed over the years ! I’ve never seen one hit as hard as this new set up. I will eventually go back to the old days rig but I’m gonna have some fun with this one for now ! Thanks guys !!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Whitetail Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Whitetail Pros Guide Service

Southern Iowa and Missouri Private Land Whitetail Hunts. Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader.

Antler Creek Whitetails

Archery hunt in Northeast Kansas. Rut and pre-rut, hunting from treestands and blinds.

Back
Top Bottom