Late Oct and camping

muleymaddness

Very Active Member
What is the weather typically like late October in southern Nevada? Is it too late in the season to be camping in a tent? Typically use travel trailers but with the virus, I don't know that it'll be a good idea bunking everyone up in a closed space for multiple nights, so I was thinking about a tent as an option.

I tent camped in central Nevada all winter in a semi permanent camp this previous winter.

A wall tent and a wood stove.

Not sure on what you mean by southern Nevada, as in specific units, but weather can be warm and balmy to snow and ice depending on the unit and day, even during a single week, all over Nevada.

I dont have a camper, but we have the wall tent and a Springbar tent which has done well for my family in temps below freezing.

Good luck.

Cory ... residing in S.NV past 26 yrs.and traveling much of the area. Tents will do as weather is cool in early a.m. and do able at bed time. As always Mother Nature can change all best laid plans. Good Luck on upcoming hunt ... Bruce & SilverGrand

If you’re camping out and hunting late October in southern Nevada being too warm will likely be more of a problem than being too cold.

Ditto what buckhorn said... Depending on the elevation & specific location, it can be uncomfortably warm.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom