LATE PINE VALLEY DEER

Aaron

I was hoping to get a little help with the pine valley hunt dates are the Oct 19th through 25th. I am taking my son and his nephew on there first ever deer hunt. My nephew does not have a hunting family so I'm going to make him an outdoors man no matter what. lol We are not picky at all. I have a lot of hunting experience just need some starting points on where a kid could have fun and find some bucks to shoot at. I'm sure it will be a sharp learning curve for all of us. I'm super excited to try and get them there first buck! I have helped out many guys on this site over the years with all kinds of different units all over they west that I have hunted. I was hoping someone could return the favor and give me some good starting points. Never stepped foot there so all new to me. I would greatly be appreciative on any info on the late hunt. Please PM me i don't want to ruin someones favorite spot. Thanks Aaron A

I spoke with a biologist who works that unit. Threw out my plan A-D and he agreed with one of the plans. I hope to produce something the couple days before the opener when we get there.

Wis my brother in law has the early tag. He is planning going high and getting away from everyone. Packing mountain house and pumping water. I will let you know how he does. My dad and I and one son have the early hunt on Fish lake. So we won't be around to help him.

Expect the deer to be starting to drop for migration. Weather will determine how low they are (Snow is your best friend to concentrate deer lower). Also it’s dry here and currently still hot.

The unit has a lot if different habitats. Some deer summer high and some stay low year round.

I would hunt the mountain (pine valley) west. There are only a few areas that hold good deer numbers in the east side towards I-15 abd most if that us private or Bumble bee mountain which is over hunted throughout all seasons.

Hey Bigjohn, I know someone that would have been willing to help your BIL if you would have answered my pm this summer.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom