Late rifle deer in 27

Servehim

Very Active Member
I've had unit 27 on my radar for a late rifle deer hunt, I know its not north of the rim quality but I also know there are some really good bucks in there . I've hunted the NM side several times and know genetics are similar. Does anyone have a clue if that hunt will be offered this year?

20+ , I'm not comfortable with early hunts in the Kaibab . Even with my points a Strip archery tag is still years away. Hopefully that unit 27 late rifle deer tag is available in 2023 , I know there are 180+ bucks in that country and Hopefully the rut will kick in early and give a shot at a good one. If you know something I don't please share , PM if you wouldn't mind. Blessings, thanks Jim

Unfortunately, I think I lied. I didn't realize they took it away last year. When they came out with the 3a3c late hunt in December they shut the 27 Dec hunt down. I don't think they will be bringing it back. Only thing I may suggest is trying the 3a3c Oct hunt if you want a chance at a 180 buck. A few killed on that hunt every year. Maybe they'll bump up the 3c dec hunt to 15 tags then that would give you thr chance to get that tag in the bonus pass.

Last edited:
Copy that, I know Az rotates a few units from year to year . Was just hoping that Late 27 hunt might reappear this year. Appreciate your help . Muchas Gracias

20+ , I'm not comfortable with early hunts in the Kaibab . Even with my points a Strip archery tag is still years away. Hopefully that unit 27 late rifle deer tag is available in 2023 , I know there are 180+ bucks in that country and Hopefully the rut will kick in early and give a shot at a good one. If you know something I don't please share , PM if you wouldn't mind. Blessings, thanks Jim
I would stay with the late Kaibab. How old are You? I killed the one in my avatar in one day as I was very Sick with a bad cold 4 years ago. I was a Resident though with only 7 points. GOOD LUCK. I Hunted 3a last sept for elk and buddy had the archery elk tag and niether of us saw anything great as far as deer . Just average 4 X 4.................................BULL!

I was surprised to see it. But I am getting ready to publish an article on the AZ draw and was skimming through the recommendations. It looks like they dropped 7&9, which should have been a really good hunt last year, and rotated 27 back in.

I remembered someone asking about it here. With 25 permits it will afford a NR opportunity in the bonus pass.

I was surprised to see it. But I am getting ready to publish an article on the AZ draw and was skimming through the recommendations. It looks like they dropped 7&9, which should have been a really good hunt last year, and rotated 27 back in.

I remembered someone asking about it here. With 25 permits it will afford a NR opportunity in the bonus pass.
Where did you find recommendations? Maybe I need to try looking for them on a laptop instead of my phone

Still waiting on the Az Deer Regulations to be published to verify 27 is ON again for the December Rifle hunt. Anyone in the know that can give me clue if it will be published soon. Called AZGF and was told end of this month. Hopefully its out before 4/27 as that information will help in deciding my Utah application. Thanks guys

Just wanted to give this a bump, was told by AZGF that 2023-24 deer regulations would be out this week but nothing yet and phone system was down this afternoon so I couldn't get a live body . Anyone here on the inside that might know if the late rifle in 27 is back in the mix this year. Utah deadline is Thursday and it would be great to know if I can hunt Az . Thanks guys

Just wanted to give this a bump, was told by AZGF that 2023-24 deer regulations would be out this week but nothing yet and phone system was down this afternoon so I couldn't get a live body . Anyone here on the inside that might know if the late rifle in 27 is back in the mix this year. Utah deadline is Thursday and it would be great to know if I can hunt Az . Thanks guys
You can go to the AZGFD web page and listen to the April 14th meeting, according to their agenda the deer order was item #3. I'd be willing to bet they passed all the orders as they were presented and the 27 hunt was passed.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom