Late Season Archery Elk

TerynItUp

Who else is going to be trying to arrow a 6pt. or better bull in a little over a week? This will be my first time hunting in 34 and I am pretty darn excited about the trip.

What should I expect temperature wise? I am notorious for dressing way too warm and then peeling off layers after the first quarter mile. My home in Rio Rancho is actually showing colder temps than Cloudcroft that weekend, is that possible??

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

Probably to early to tell. Could be really nice 60s during the day, or it could be windy, snowy and very cold. Starts on 17th?? My daughters friend drew a tag and was going to try and help her.

Paul, yes the hunt starts Saturday the 17th and runs through Wednesday. I hear the wind is the big variable down there, hopefully it's predictable, just not 35mph predictable.

I will shoot you a PM, would be good to meet you while I am down there.

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

>Pretty low odds on these. Good
>luck. If Paul is involved
>in a hunt at least
>one bull will go down.
>
Highly unlikely. My daughters friend just started shooting a bow and has never gone hunting. Not sure what they were thinking. Very tough first timer hunt.

>Paul, yes the hunt starts Saturday
>the 17th and runs through
>Wednesday. I hear the wind
>is the big variable down
>there, hopefully it's predictable, just
>not 35mph predictable.
>
>I will shoot you a PM,
>would be good to meet
>you while I am down
>there.

Sounds good, hope we can meet up.

Teryn,

Been on this hunt 3 times. Fun but tough. No bugle activity as im sure you know. Easy to get on little bulls but I've had a heck of a time finding legal bulls to shoot at. Last time I had the tag it was muddy and snowy making travel difficult but could've shot several bulls...just nothing with 6 pts. I think they may be a bit higher than I was hunting. I can share some areas I know well as I still know you and the your family. Send a PM if interested.

B from Cruces

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom