Late season cow in 61

hoopscoach

Hi guys,
My 14 year old nephew has a cow tag for the late season in unit 61. I've hunted 61 but during early season but never this late in the year. I assume there is enough snow on the mountain by now and that the elk have moved to lower elevations. Can anyone recommend some areas that might hold cows? Also, what are the roads like now? Is Hanks valley road still passable and are the elk still up that high? Would an ATV be useful? Sorry for all the questions, I've just never been in that country so late in the year. Feel free to pm me.
Thanks in advance!
Hoopscoach

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud"

They should be in Rocky Pitch, Hungry Gulch and Gill Creek by now.

If you need more info let me know. I was up there 4th season.

I was in there 2nd and 4th seasons, and we killed cows on both hunts. PM me if you need some help as well.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-05-16 AT 04:01PM (MST)[p]Big Thanks to gringo and Coloradoman! My nephew smoked a big cow first thing Sunday morning! He was pumped to say the least and that's what it's all about!
Happy hunting
Hoopscoach

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud"

>LAST EDITED ON Dec-05-16
>AT 04:01?PM (MST)

>
>Big Thanks to gringo and Coloradoman!
>My nephew smoked a big
>cow first thing Sunday morning!
>He was pumped to say
>the least and that's what
>it's all about!
>Happy hunting
>Hoopscoach
>
>"Rather fail with honor than succeed
>by fraud"

Congratulations to the young man! Glad it worked out well, and I apologize for the game of phone tag. I've been out of commission for a few days.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom