Late Season Deer

270Hunter

I've been thinking about applying for the unit 192 late deer hunt, I was just wondering if anybody has had any experience with this hunt. I was also wondering about the trophy quality, if there was any rutting activity and how much public land there is, thanks in advance.

a few have hunted this unit here. Weather dependent is a must for best ? Private can be issue for access I am sure ... Rut activity is possible with non trophy size bucks the norm.Good Luck in your choices in 2018,
Bruce & SilverGrand

I have drawn the rifle tag in this unit 3 times, most recently two years ago. Honestly there are things I really like about this unit but I won't put in for it again. I found some areas that hold deer and there are not a lot of tags given out so that is nice but access in this unit is horrible, there are a lot of touristy people (bikers, hikers, snow shoe etc). The rut usually starts in this area around nov 20, so the last week and a half or so has good rut activity. There are trophy animals I've seen but most of them I have seen are on private land. Not to say there arent some toads up high. The biggest buck I saw in this area that wasn?t on private land I killed, and it was about a 25? 4 point.

My son and I hunted it several years ago. My son shot his buck the first hour of hunting...his first deer...a 16" 4x4. He was happy. We hunted 4 more days only to see one....yes, one legal buck...a little forked horn. We hunted the south end of the unit and then tried to find some decent ground in the northern part of the unit. Lots of private and it seemed no one would really tell us where any public was. We headed home with one deer that trip. I went back at the end of the hunt and hunted the northern end. Lots of private everywhere....difficult to find large tracts of public. I ended up killing a 3x4. I think the unit is very weather dependent.

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom