Late Season Monroe Elk Help

Wiszard

Long Time Member
Hi All- I drew the late season rifle tag. I'll be there a few days early to scout. I am hoping to get some info from any of the archery or ML hunters who have tags. I have heard that the bulls sometimes will pull away from the cows during the late season. It would be great if anyone has an idea of the areas that these bulls go to after the rut is complete. If anyone has any info they'd like to share with me on the unit, I would love to hear it. I'll be getting my maps soon. PM me if you have any starting points or areas I should focus on. I really appreciate any and all info.

Steve

Hi All- I drew the late season rifle tag. I'll be there a few days early to scout. I am hoping to get some info from any of the archery or ML hunters who have tags. I have heard that the bulls sometimes will pull away from the cows during the late season. It would be great if anyone has an idea of the areas that these bulls go to after the rut is complete. If anyone has any info they'd like to share with me on the unit, I would love to hear it. I'll be getting my maps soon. PM me if you have any starting points or areas I should focus on. I really appreciate any and all info.

Steve
???????????????????????????????????????????????????

In the past Taylor Albrecht has been very helpful in sharing advice with MM members. He goes by Big6 on MM. You might want to search the archives or contact him at:
Taylor Albrecht
[email protected]
Phone: (435) 979-7227
Good luck and have a great hunt.

Taylor would be a good one to get you on a good bull. Going in blind you won't have a problem finding a bull. You can take a drive just about any where on the unit and see bulls. It just depends on what you are looking for ?

???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Is this your expression of being a d!ck? This is a limited entry hunt...why do you feel the need to shame a guy asking for help? You've never needed help or asked for starting points on a unit you haven't been on? Or...wait...let me guess. YOU ARE THE GUY THAT GOES AND PUTS IN THE WORK AND SCOUTS SO YOU DONT NEED OR FEEL THE NEED TO ASK FOR ANY HELP. Many of us aren't in that position so you should really think about trying to be a better person instead of a complete d!ck.

Wisgard, I don't know much about the Monroe unit but i certainly wish you the best of luck. Hopefully some of our members with knowledge of the unit will step up and help out. Be sure to push a report after the hunt!

Hawkeye

Is this your expression of being a d!ck? This is a limited entry hunt...why do you feel the need to shame a guy asking for help? You've never needed help or asked for starting points on a unit you haven't been on? Or...wait...let me guess. YOU ARE THE GUY THAT GOES AND PUTS IN THE WORK AND SCOUTS SO YOU DONT NEED OR FEEL THE NEED TO ASK FOR ANY HELP. Many of us aren't in that position so you should really think about trying to be a better person instead of a complete d!ck.
Oh.....you’re serious?!????????????????????????????????????????????

Taylor would be a good one to get you on a good bull. Going in blind you won't have a problem finding a bull. You can take a drive just about any where on the unit and see bulls. It just depends on what you are looking for ?
Thanks BJT- I guess the only way to answer that question would be ...with as big a bull as I can find. :) The best thing about this hunt is it will be MY first elk hunt where I have a tag. It'll be an awesome time because both my Dad and my 19 year old son with be along with me. That is what will be the coolest thing about this hunt. If I am able to find a 340"ish bull...that would be icing on the cake.
I will definitely let you all know how it goes. And I will certainly pass on any info from my hunt on to the next guy that draws the tag. Thanks!

Good luck, I wish I could help. Sounds like you will be having a great time regardless. From my experience on late hunts, the bull are separated from the cows and tend to be in pretty remote places. Let us know how it goes.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom