Late Snatch!!

That is a fun hunt. I think I have been on it for the last 5 years in a row with someone.
You will have lots of fun, and should see great bulls.

Good luck!

Hey Bowhunt... any pointers on where to start. I drew this tag too and and such a large area with so many options. Sounds like a lot of it depends on snow amounts and where and what is accessible. I've been looking mostly in the portion of the unit southeast of Strawberry. Res Ridge, Long Ridge, etc.

Yes one lucky boy ! Hopefully his luck holds out and he doesn't shot a pisscutter broken late bull. :)

If Stu gets within 1 yard of a NON-PISSCUTTER Bull I Hope He can Hit it!:D

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Haha. 2016 was the lucky year. Montana Bighorn sheep. Last year was even luckier with the odds on the expo.

This year I had 13 points so I was guaranteed. It's going to be fun. I've spent the last two falls on this unit during the late hunt. I can't judge elk but there's some bulls who make me excited sand that's all that matters.

Big John and Bess, please tag along!!!

"That's a special feeling, Lloyd!?

www.s2outdoor.com
www.tojagrid.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY8iBAgry-KrH49Tua4ftbA

I Think We should Borrow Stu's Rifle!

Cut the Barrel down to 6" Long!

Make Him a SHORT RANGE Gun!:D

Right BIGJOHN?

> I Think We should Borrow
>Stu's Rifle!
>
>Cut the Barrel down to 6"
>Long!
>
>Make Him a SHORT RANGE Gun!:D
>
>
>Right BIGJOHN?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>I know so many people in
>so many places
>They make allot of money but
>they got sad faces
>
>It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Yep you shoot them at so many feet with a ELDX and they still run off. I think my nickle plated Model 29 44 mag with a 240 grain hollow would have done better. It's a 8 3/8 barrel maybe a little long for Stu ?

Hey BIGJOHN!

I've got one even Shorter than that!

For His Short Range Shooting I'll Loan Him My Ruger Redhawk Alaskan 454 Casull!

The Cylinder is Longer than the Barrel & You'd Best be hanging on to it!:D

> Hey BIGJOHN!
>
>I've got one even Shorter than
>that!
>
>For His Short Range Shooting I'll
>Loan Him My Ruger Redhawk
>Alaskan 454 Casull!
>
>The Cylinder is Longer than the
>Barrel & You'd Best be
>hanging on to it!:D
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>I know so many people in
>so many places
>They make allot of money but
>they got sad faces
>
>It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Yes I remember it from the Bison hunt. Strapped across your chest for a quick draw. ??

LAST EDITED ON Oct-13-19 AT 09:59PM (MST)[p]
Getting closer. I just hope my knee will let me hunt. I got a staph infection in my bursa sac in my knee a few weeks ago. I hope I don't have to turn the tag back in. I'm back on my feet but definitely not in hunt mode.

6311851f25ff279064552be951bcb2dec62b9.jpeg

What's everybody?s thoughts on the hunts so far this year. Up? Down? I haven't seen the amount of elk that I saw the last two years. Is it the water?

Anyway, to all you mid-season guys??-hurry up and get out of the way already. Haha.

www.s2outdoor.com
www.tojagrid.com

>
>
>Been out a few times looking.
> I've seen
>a few bulls.
>Nothing like in the past
>two years. Am
>I the only one?
>
>Are they still not where they
>are going to be come
>November 9th?
>
>What's anyone else been seeing for
>late Wasatch bulls?
>
> https://youtu.be/fGXqOiXommU
>
>
>"That's a special feeling, Lloyd!?
>
>www.s2outdoor.com
>www.tojagrid.com
>https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY8iBAgry-KrH49Tua4ftbA

Definitely not like it has been the last many years. But I don't think they are down yet.

Okay Stubaby fill us in on how the handicapped hunter did today? I saw a picture on my phone just nothing here yet ?

You got a Pic Stu?

LAST EDITED ON Nov-10-19 AT 07:22PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-10-19 AT 10:24?AM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Nov-10-19 AT 10:23?AM (MST)

I saw bigger bulls before the hunt started but this one I saw on a regular basis and this was one of the few where I didn't see 5 other guys watching him.

After seeing him and another bull I would shoot Friday night...I decided to make it a family affair. A 330/340 bull without my son along didn't seem as appealing as this one.

We found him at first light and got in position. He was bedded broadside and two quick shots he as dead in his bed. I think these ELDX bullets perform better at longer distances.

The 143 grains were going 2010fps on impact and didn't exit. If you would have seen this go down and I told you I was shooting a 300RUM you would believe me.

I was going to shoot my 300WM with the 180 accubond but the 6.5 Bergara Hunter was blowing up Volleyball sizes rocks at 1000 and I was just super confident with my shot placement.

There was no wind and I got prone with my Hatch Bipod and Vortex Razor LH 3-15 scope. It was a fun hunt with close friends and my son and my buddy?s son along.

Not a huge bull but he's got really good mass and will look great on the wall.

Thanks for Dillon and Adam for pre scouting with me. It's nice to go look for bulls and have buddy?s willing to keep tabs on the ones you've seen. This is a really weird year but these late tags really are fun.

284502973b8e2624c457d941bd72f299fe38f.jpeg

224607635774048b942a1add81bc1128a8c2b.jpeg

82613313ffd0a2ad64cce91d7a95150f4a1a1.jpeg

www.s2outdoor.com
www.tojagrid.com

LAST EDITED ON Nov-10-19 AT 11:03AM (MST)[p]As I said yesterday Stu.

Awesome bull!!

It's nice to see a great person such as yourself not worry about the inches game, and taking it back to a family affair and making memories.

Edit:
P.S.

Now get your butt to Montana and kill that deer

Great bull and great story to have the kids there.

Would you mind sharing your load recipe on the Bergara/6.5 143 ELDx? I have the same setup, and the factory Hornady precision hunters shoot well, but looking for some more consistency.

Awesome bull!

Well done Stu!
Having your youngsters along is priceless. You will have hunting partners for as long as you desire because of that experience.
Fine bull as well.
Congrats man.

Well done Stubaby!

That thing pack the mass and is a fine trophy. He not all broken up like some are on the late hunt and he'll certainly look fabulous on the wall.
Congrats to all.

Zeke

#livelikezac

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom