Latest you have seen a muley with antlers

BrianID

Very Active Member
What is the latest you have seen a mule deer still packing their antlers?
I've seen a few with antlers in mid April but yesterday I saw a two point in Southern New Mexico still packing one antler. May 2nd is the latest I have seen now.
I'm guessing this isn't too uncommon in Sourhern NM, AZ and TX because they rut later but I was still surprised. Has anyone else see mule deer with normal unshed antlers in May?

LAST EDITED ON May-03-17 AT 06:17PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-03-17 AT 06:17?PM (MST)

I have a picture of a 2 point in southern Colorado still packing one side on May 30. The other side was a velvet nub I've always wondered how he ended up looking.

It's funny this post came up. I was in Wyoming for the opener, and I couldn't believe it I saw a 180 or better buck still packing both sides. Hard horned and white ready to fall anytime.

Bullcrap? I've seen more deer with their antlers still on their head down here in az first week of May than I have seen deer that have dropped.

>Bullcrap? I've seen more deer with
>their antlers still on their
>head down here in az
>first week of May than
>I have seen deer that
>have dropped.

I was commenting regarding shedheads post.

AZ is miles away and im sure like everywhere else they shed at a different time down there...

LAST EDITED ON May-05-17 AT 10:20AM (MST)[p]It very well could be true a 180 class buck was still holding but it wasn't because they just haven't dropped like normal yet. He had to be an atypical buck. I knew of a bull(free range Utah bull) elk that shed his antlers in November every year and shed his velvet mid June. Some animals "clocks" are just off. But definitely 100% of everything has shed in Western Wyoming except these atypical animals. Damn near all the decent sized muleys dropped early March or even late February this year where I am.

LAST EDITED ON May-05-17 AT 05:52PM (MST)[p]I will download the short video and post it, and I swear it was may 1st this year Wyoming. But honestly you can call bs all you want I know what I saw

May 5th in SW wyoming about 4 years ago I saw a buck packing 1 side. I couldn't believe it he was probably a 140's type buck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom