Lava Falls, and home for 16 days...

Utahlefty

p518847052-4.jpg

p156808124-5.jpg

p258941681-4.jpg

p453469402-4.jpg

p359830851-4.jpg

p108921591-4.jpg

Looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing.
Use to sleep on the ground a lot as a kid. After dealing with snakes, tarantulas, and old age now I always use some sort of tent. And by the way I don’t like the fast water anymore either. Enjoy it when you are young.

Excellent. Now toss a pic with a boat in there for scale. Thats big water.

What was the river flow? Looks pretty good. Lava is easier at high water IMO. Gets a little rocky when it’s down.

I haven’t seen a king sneak in years (y)

I’m jealous. :cool:

Excellent. Now toss a pic with a boat in there for scale. Thats big water.

What was the river flow? Looks pretty good. Lava is easier at high water IMO. Gets a little rocky when it’s down.

I haven’t seen a king sneak in years (y)

I’m jealous. :cool:
Untitled.jpg

here's a screen grab of a 16' paddle boat and an 18' oar boat making the run.

we were lucky to have about 10,500cfs on lava day -- most of the trip was in the 8k range and pretty rocky. I'm becoming quite concerned about the long term runability of the lower Colorado.

Luckily for me, there weren't any kayakers on the trip so I got to duckie almost all of it -- this company allows duckies to run all but 8 rapids and I was fortunate enough to do all of it. I haven't added it up precisely but I likely paddled around 200 miles of the run.

Upper once.Whole trip once.

Highly recommend the "Grand" There's a video out there of a boat in Lava in 1984 run off....It is real scary...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom