LE elk in 18

bowedark

Have 15 points/bonus whatever nonresident going in the draw. Any info????

Be 67 for the fall hunt need to cash in on a nice bull. can walk a good hard 6 to 7 hrs a day.

Great how u all get the whole elk in the back of truck!!! All the I have take come out in pieces may be should start carrying a frying pan. LOL

Will share info on Wy deer unit 102 hunt it in 17.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-07-17 AT 11:33AM (MST)[p]Rifle kind of out for a couple more years. You can draw a couple good units with archery or muzzleloader looking at the odds. What weapon you looking at.

Your inbox for private messages is in active!!!

Might have enough points for a late season rifle tag in a couple of units maybe...
Are you thinking DIY or Guided??

I've looked at drawing odd's. Solo hunter Would like the early hunts rife muzz. EZ hunt would be nice. LOL Like to see lots animals.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-08-17 AT 02:58PM (MST)[p]If you haven't seen this, you should check it out:

http://www.toprut.com/

They are supposed to be updated with this years data sometime this month and is a pretty good source of info for hunts

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

You have some decent late hunts you could draw next year. You're a couple years out on the Manti muzzy tag. I wouldn't burn my points on any of the early season rifle tags you could draw right now, personally.

What kind of a bull are you legitimately okay with killing on this hunt? If you're looking for a 300-320 bull, your options are greater for next year than if you're looking for a 360+ bull.

I think limited entry elk odds are going to drop big in '18. Most guys will buy a 3 season general elk tag and switch species for L.E. draws. I know that's what I will be doing.

>I think limited entry elk odds
>are going to drop big
>in '18. Most guys will
>buy a 3 season general
>elk tag and switch species
>for L.E. draws. I know
>that's what I will be
>doing.

Wouldn?t it be better to keep applying with points you have for limited and then if you do not draw the limited, buy the new general bull???

A general Utah bull hunt does not compare to a limited unless you have private land access in the right general bull unit.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom