LE Elk

coleb

Hey guys, looking for a little advice. I've been building my LE Elk points and my goal was to hunt manti with my bow in the next few years. But with where I'm at with work, school and (hopefully) kids in the near future I'm thinking about putting in for wasatch because I'll have the time this year that I might not have in the next few years. I've got just enough to have guaranteed odds from last years report. I know nothing is guaranteed, but I'm thinking about changing my game plan from manti to the wasatch this year and I should pull the tag. I've hunted deer in wasatch west a couple of times but I wanted to see what you guys think? Good plan? Bad plan? I don't have huge expectations for size. A 300" bull with a bow is a trophy for me. I'm just not as familiar with the unit for elk. I know I'll get "put your boots on and walk" and I will. I'll get out and scout and prepare as much as possible. But is anyone willing to give me some pointers on where to start or share some knowledge with me? I'd be more than happy to take someone to dinner in exchange for some ideas. TIA!

Sounds like a great plan to me, especially if you know you have the opportunity now that you may not have at a later date. I cant help you with the wasatch but the plan sounds solid.

Im more interested in hunting as many times as i can in good LE units rather than holding out for something that may not meet my expectations years down the road. If you draw this year, your already taking years off of your next tag by hunting now rather then holding out for that one hunt you really wanted.

Put the time and effort in and i bet you will be happy with your decision.

My 2 cents.

Sounds like a great plan to me, especially if you know you have the opportunity now that you may not have at a later date. I cant help you with the wasatch but the plan sounds solid.

Im more interested in hunting as many times as i can in good LE units rather than holding out for something that may not meet my expectations years down the road. If you draw this year, your already taking years off of your next tag by hunting now rather then holding out for that one hunt you really wanted.

Put the time and effort in and i bet you will be happy with your decision.

My 2 cents.
Solid advice.

What Jake said! Hunts as often as possible! I’ve had plenty of friends stockpile points for a great tag and go home with nothing. I apply in multiple states for tags that I can draw in 4-6 years and stagger them. I’ve killed plenty of critters while my friends waiting on high points come help me pack them out. Hunt, hunt, hunt!

Some folks like to kill small to average animals more often and other folks would rather wait longer for a chance at something special. Different strokes for different folks

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom