LE premium elk help?

HorseCreek

Very Active Member
I wasnt expecting to draw with 2 points but it looks like I drew San Juan premium. Can someone give me directions to the mountain range? I'm pretty sure it's in central Utah but I could be wrong.
Can you use drones on San Juan? If it's more than an hour from my home I don't wanna take the time to drive there to scout very often.
Please PM me with the hot spots on the unit along with awesome places to put trail cams.
Does anyone have horses and a camper trailer I could borrow as well? I'd rather not drive my new truck up on the mtn either.
Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah, I just bought 6 hoochie momma elk calls. How many hours a day should I practice?
Are the Bulls bugling up there yet? I heard in FB they were screaming last week? Wondering if the hot weather and bright moon has them quiet.
I waited 2 years for this tag.... I deserve the best hunt in the world!

Traditional >>>------->

Talk to elkassassin..... he will help you out.

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

Congrats on the tag.
2 years is a long long time to wait for an elk tag.

I don't know much about the unit but I'm quite positive it's in the NW corner of the State.

Don't worry about using your new truck. You can drive around and round on a quad and kill a 400"+, easily. No problem.

Zeke

Can I borrow your quad Zeke? I don't like washing mine after it gets dirty. I figured if I borrow yours I could bring it back dirty and out of gas. I also plan on ridding in closed areas. Don't want my quad getting tuned up.

Traditional >>>------->

You should practice at least 20 minutes per day with the hoochie mama elk call. By September you should be a professional elk caller. I have found that watching YouTube videos help you as a hunter. Make sure all your family, friends, and their Facebook friends all make the trip there to hunt with you. More eyes and trucks usually makes for a better hunt. You should expect to kill at least one 400 inch bull with that tag.

Good luck.

HorseCreek have you bought your long Range setup yet? I hear there are going to be lots of pre-season sales where you can buy your outfit just a few days before the season starts and that's plenty of time to practice enough to take deer at 1500 yards and farther if you're a good shot.

Get some doe tags to. That way, if you shoot a front leg off way across a canyon, it's just a doe, and your not wasting a trophy. Don't miss out.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

No, they are not bugling today. They should start getting vocal really soon though. They were bugling by this time last year I am sure. The weather must not be right.

Dillon

>HorseCreek have you bought your long
>Range setup yet? I hear
>there are going to be
>lots of pre-season sales where
>you can buy your outfit
>just a few days before
>the season starts and that's
>plenty of time to practice
>enough to take deer at
>1500 yards and farther if
>you're a good shot.
>
> Get some doe tags to.
>That way, if you shoot
>a front leg off way
>across a canyon, it's just
>a doe, and your not
>wasting a trophy. Don't miss
>out.
>
>Joey
>
>
>"It's all about knowing what your
>firearms practical limitations are and
>combining that with your own
>personal limitations!"

I watched best of the west last week. I learned everything I need to know about long range. I'm good to go.

I don't ever buy deer tags until I have one down. I don't wanna waste any money on an unfilled tag. And when I say "down", I mean it better drop in its tracks or I'm not walking a mile over to see if there's blood.

Traditional >>>------->

Heck try using some of those bear traps so you can trap the elk before the hunt and shoot opening morning. Thats how DM does it, haha

?If men were angels, no government would be
necessary.? John Adams

A Whoppin 2 points for a SJ Premium Tag Huh?

kawboy is a Double PLICK!

But you are a Triple PLICK!:D

We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough
Push back, come push and shove
Knock us down, we'll get back up again and again
We are Members of the Huntin Crowd!

Elkass, he is just asking for help. No need to drag me in on it. Horsecreek, I know a guy who just retired, I'm sure you can borrow his truck and quad..... and remember to aim for the middle of the animal on those long shots, more room for error. If you can slow it down, you can kill it. I hear there is some Indian land down there worth hunting.

Best of luck to ya.

Elkass, I'm sorry I hurt your stupid feelings!

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

I'm game, I know that mountain real well, especially the Fillmore side and I'd love to help you out. I just got some brand new dirt ripper tires on my wheeler. Sorry I can't let you borrow it because it's really my cousin Eddys wheeler but I'd be happy to haul you up and down the ridges, that way you could shoot faster. If I stop you won't even need to get off to shoot. I even have a few m-80s left from a cow elk hunt last January up above the tribal land we could empty the canyons with those babies! Works real good to get em on the move. You can at least slow them down if their running right? We probably won't even need a trailer house though, plenty of people leave theirs on the mountain to stake claim on their camp spot for the spike hunt, we could just borrow one of those I suppose? I borrow trail cams all the time. Finders keepers right? We could use my trailer except it's already up on the Wasatch because I'm going to get me one of those control tags, so I'm gonna be hunting up there this year. Gonna try and get my first ever spike too. I got a couple hoochies myself we could even try. Just be warned though if we spot any of the boys in brown, your on you own pal! Oh, and I like Bud Light in the front rack cooler. 400 or bust!!

>I'm game, I know that mountain
>real well, especially the Fillmore
>side and I'd love to
>help you out. I just
>got some brand new dirt
>ripper tires on my wheeler.
>Sorry I can't let you
>borrow it because it's really
>my cousin Eddys wheeler but
>I'd be happy to haul
>you up and down the
>ridges, that way you could
>shoot faster. If I stop
>you won't even need to
>get off to shoot. I
>even have a few m-80s
>left from a cow elk
>hunt last January up above
>the tribal land we could
>empty the canyons with those
>babies! Works real good to
>get em on the move.
>You can at least slow
>them down if their running
>right? We probably won't even
>need a trailer house though,
>plenty of people leave theirs
>on the mountain to stake
>claim on their camp spot
>for the spike hunt, we
>could just borrow one of
>those I suppose? I borrow
>trail cams all the time.
>Finders keepers right? We could
>use my trailer except it's
>already up on the Wasatch
>because I'm going to get
>me one of those control
>tags, so I'm gonna be
>hunting up there this year.
>Gonna try and get my
>first ever spike too. I
>got a couple hoochies myself
>we could even try. Just
>be warned though if we
>spot any of the boys
>in brown, your on you
>own pal! Oh, and I
>like Bud Light in the
>front rack cooler. 400 or
>bust!!

You sound like a good dude shadow!

Traditional >>>------->

Hey HorseCreek!

If you're Buyin!

Me & Rut know where you can Buy us a Steak!

Just don't GAWK at Rutnbucks Favorite Waitress!:D

I don't even want to say what I drew!!!
Then I would get all those outfitter wanting a hand out pm's not to mention all the ridicule!
Jester

You need some help too Jester? We get Horsecreeks bull down we'd be happy to lend a hand:) did you draw a H......'s tag??

SMACKDADDY must be sending a little 'Trim' in with His Applications!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom