Lead free Ammo

larrbo

Very Active Member
The governor signed the lead free ammo bill yesterday. That gives us a couple of more years to shoot the ammo we have. What a great state.

Well, what did you expect from a state with the most liberal, tree hugging, morons in the country. I am atleast glad he vetoed alot ot the other ones. I started hand loading Barnes all copper bullets this year and was pleases with there performance with the 2 animals I shot (both under 100 yds). But, I have not had a chance to test accuracy and or performance at long ranges. The other issue is since our state started this crap, other states will follow. That means I may have to find a home for all the Berger VLD I have. I do know one thing, this state and country is in a downward spiral.

Bill

Most of my hunting will out of state, so I will keep my lead bullets for those times.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

This law, and the statements made by Gov. Brown contain numerous false statements.
The availability and cost of ?un-leaded ammo? , along with the risks to wildlife.

The law has passed, and I would like to see it challenged in court based on these falsehoods.

One lawsuit I would like to see is to sue the state to make the people whole again, by forcing the state to have an ?ammo exchange? where any California resident can bring to the state any ?lead ammunition?, and the state must exchange it with corresponding ?lead free ammunition?.

I believe this argument could be presented as a ?reasonable accommodation?.
I also believe it would cost the state tens of millions of dollars, and be almost impossible to accomplish. When hunters came in with ten thousand rounds of .22 LR, and the state could not produce a like amount of ?green? .22 LR, that hunter should/could be given a license to hunt with the old ammo until the state could complete the exchange.

my understanding is that this is for Lead Free "Hunting", taking of animals.

For example, target shooting and 22LR plinking with lead ammo will not be against this law. Correct?

I still don't like it but it's not the end of the world.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I read up on the ban this morning and it is for all hunting, so I guess you could still use is to shoot trap with your shotgun.

A bite at a time fellas. For now it is a ban on lead for "hunting". By the time this gets implemented the libtards will already have the verbiage ready (if not already) for an attack on other lead ammo purposes. They do not want to try to tackle the entire shooting community at once, the same as moonbeam the fairy brown did not want to attempt to tackle all of us at once by signing the sweeping semi-auto ban.

Norkal

"One can take my life but not my faith or my
confidence. I fear none and respect all."

"A bite at a time fellas"

+1 Yeah. Seems all we can hope for is smaller bites and less often.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom