Learning Javelina

fullcry

I have nothing to hunt.No succesful draws,no tags,nothing.
I know Arizonas Draw deadlines are getting close.
Anybody want to explain how to put in or were.I'll go anywere.

Never killed one,never even seen one.Yes you can give me honeyholes in a PM.
They are just Pigs right?

You can apply for deer soon but unless you are 10 to 17 years old you can not hunt javelina in the fall. you would have to wait until the drawing that they do in Oct. and the hunt would be Jan. or Feb. depending archery or rifle. the jan. archery hunt overlaps with the over the counter archery deer tags in many units which makes a fun combo hunt.

Good Idea,I spent a hour online trying to figure out when the fall hunts were scheduled,only to figure out they were youth hunts...So if I buy a Elk tag,I can also buy a Javilina tag also.I will research that too.Thanks

A Non Resident ELK tag over the counter is almost $600 bucks.Plus the Javilina Licence.I can see a youth only hunt.But Why on earth would they not have a regular fall Pig hunt.But only let you hunt them if you got a elk tag?

They do not offer a fall javelina hunt, only for youth. As mentioned above you can turn in for a permit in October to hunt January thru February dates depending on if you are archery,rifle,muzzeloading or hand gun hunting. Archery first then HAM(hand gun,archery,muzzeloader) and then rifle. Having an elk tag has nothing to do with the ability to hunt Javelina, I think someone was just making a point that you could buy an over the counter elk tag to hunt elk if you wanted, but the two are unrelated.

As was mentioned above if you apply for the archery javelina you can buy an otc deer tag and hunt deer at the same time, but you dont have to buy a deer tag, its just another hunting oppurtunity that coincides with the archery javelina.

hope this helps

>They are just Pigs right?

No. They are a peccary, a new world animal, and no relation at all to the swine of Europe and Asia.

Bill Quimby

And don't have anywhere close to the reproductive capicity of pigs. You couldn't hunt them year round, no limits like pigs, or they just would be wiped out. And being a native game animal, are only considered pests when in urban area...

Website just for the javelina hunters out there :)
http://www.javelinahunter.com/

You are welcome to visit my Photo Gallery here http://dougkoepsel.smugmug.com/
The-Wave-9-15-10edited_210.jpg

Thanks,I checked it out and learned a lot.
After reading everything I could get and talking to a few guys most guys still callem pigs..
It looks like I have missed the draws for the year.Does anyone Know or recommend anyone in TEXAS?

You might want to check the san carlos ind. res. hunted it years ago, and tags where first come basis. The down side was a little bit more money.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-07-11 AT 01:47PM (MST)[p]I wish that they didn't have a fall jr hunt. My son killed one a couple years ago and when we walked up to it there were 2 piglets sitting on top of her. And don't say that we should have looked harder because anyone who has ever hunted them knows how hard it is to see ALL of the adults, much less piglets that are the size of a cottontail.

Same thing happened to me about 10 years while hunting javelina during the archery hunt. I dont think it matters when pig opens, they breed year round i was told..

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom