Leftover process help

alinrut

So this is my first year playing the leftover tag game, I didn't get drawn for my deer unit and selected "refund" instead of "leftover". My assumption was that in July, leftover tags would be made available. But now I'm thinkin' did I make a mistake? What do you guys think... besides making the mistake is my understanding that leftover leftover's are what's available over the counter in July/August? What do I need to watch for leading up to it? Basically I'll admit my dumbassedness on this one!!! Sarcastic comments are well deserved and expected!!! however I do hope for some actual words of wisdom after all, I am a Colorado resident (maybe ya'll will go easier on me now!!)

good luck to ya'll

"I'll see you on the mountain sometime, and if I do then it's my own damn fault for not getting far enough away from the road!!!"

Yep, you made a mistake. Had you checked "leftover" instead of refund, you would have first crack at the leftover tags in the secondary drawing. Your only chance at a leftover now is to wait until the leftover drawing is done and you have a shot at what is leftover then on August 9th. I think you can call on the phone (or go in to any DOW office) to purchase one and they are first come, first served, so you will need to have the current leftover list in hand (they will make it available shortly before they go OTC) and call them on the 9th. If you call, get ready for a long wait on hold though, so if you are near a DOW office, check with them and you might consider going in there.

Good luck.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom