Leftover/Reissue list

Bumpy

Anyone seeing any action at all on the list lately? I was fortunate & fast enough to snag a 2nd season buck permit a couple weeks ago. I've been keeping an eye on it to see if another one pops up for someone in my group but not seeing any thing new for a while now.

Several tags have been listed today. I missed out on 2, including a unit 10 muzzy bull tag. Someone is an extremely happy camper even though the season is almost 1/2 over!!

The 30 day rule only applies to regain your points. If you turn it in after that you can still get your money as long as it's before the season

Wrong

Refund and Preference Point Restoration Process

Note, anyone may request and be given a refund or preference point restoration for a license no later than 30 days prior to the start of the season (14 days for turkey licenses) for which the license is valid. Also, most refunds are now subject to a $15.00 processing fee.

?To be eligible for a refund or restoration of preference points, a license must be turned into a CPW location or postmarked at least 30 days prior to the start of the season (14 days for turkey licenses)​ for which the license is valid.

>Wrong
>
>Refund and Preference Point Restoration Process
>
>
>Note, anyone may request and be
>given a refund or preference
>point restoration for a license
>no later than 30 days
>prior to the start of
>the season (14 days for
>turkey licenses) for which the
>license is valid. Also, most
>refunds are now subject to
>a $15.00 processing fee.
>
>
>
>?To be eligible for a refund
>or restoration of preference points,
>a license must be turned
>into a CPW location or
>postmarked at least 30 days
>prior to the start of
>the season (14 days for
>turkey licenses)​ for which the
>license is valid.

You sure?

4563420180911155945.jpg

#livelikezac

Yeah I'm good unless its a death or extreme medical condition you cannot turn your tag in and get a refund less then 30 days. The guy earlier claimed you could get your money back at any point which isn't the case.

>Yeah I'm good unless its a
>death or extreme medical condition
>you cannot turn your tag
>in and get a refund
>less then 30 days. The
>guy earlier claimed you could
>get your money back at
>any point which isn't the
>case.

Yep, I see that now.

#livelikezac

Thanks...that is a game changer there were a few muzzy tags and one early rifle tags that came up they were gone in minutes so people must be camping at license vendors...there has to be a better way...

Thanks for the tip

LAST EDITED ON Sep-11-18 AT 07:16PM (MST)[p]The better way right now is the ?Colorado Leftover Watch? app available for a nominal price at your App Store on your phone. It does the camping at the license vendors for you. Worked for me!

There were a couple 3rd season buck permits for units 35/36/45/361 on there for 5 minutes this afternoon. I don't know anything about those units other than they're in Eagle County and border unit 44. Someone must have thought well enough of them though.

If the season has already started the app will still notify you if a tag pops up.
You will still have to get to a cpw office to purchase . You cannot but tags online if the season has already started .

So I go to Cabela's to pick up a ebar tag on the list and the lady tells me it won't let me buy it and her guess is it one of the tags that can't be bought after the season starts...huh??? So why is it on the list??? What gives???

LAST EDITED ON Sep-11-18 AT 09:54PM (MST)[p]So postmarked 30 days means it should have been delivered by 26 days if there is a weekend in there....3 days each to talk to the next five in line = 15 business days, plus 1 holiday day, plus 6 more weekend days, plus randomly distributed that week is on average 3 more days = should be out 1 days before the hunt starts in sort of the worst case scenario. Perhaps there were unforeseen circumstances or they give each person in line 5 days to decide?

You have to buy the tag from a CDOW office! I think it is a stupid rule, but they dont want you shooting an animal without a tag, then buying a tag to tag it....

LAST EDITED ON Sep-12-18 AT 00:01AM (MST)[p]I saw that tag(unit 10 muzzy), don't know how long it was up, but I watched it for 10 minutes and then it was gone. It may have been up for longer though. It would pay to live close to one of the DPW offices.

That sounds a little suspect to me...I live 10-15 minutes away from a DOW office but who really can get there in five minutes after they see it pop up. And why would a tag like that show up when the season is already started and apparently with the 30 day rule the person blew 15 points or so and now it shows up when the season is underway. If I understand it right requires a DOW office visit...that tag is likely worth 12 grand as a Landowner tag and unless they have VERY specific policies on the book on the handling of something that valuable....it would be too easy for an insider to tip a friend...its coming up at 1000 be in line and ready...just sayin...

Might have it all wrong....but just seems suspect to me

Yeah I hope there isn't any inside information going on with somebody from within the CPW tipping off that a certain tag especially a highly coveted unit 10 tag is going to hit the list at a certain time and day. If that is the case this whole reissue leftover system needs to be overhauled because it isn't a fair playing field if that is what's happening. In my opinion.

As far as an overhaul, why couldn't they have for the hunts taking 5 or more points a lottery draw. Have a deadline in early August for turn in date, have some sort of form on spring applications where a person could apply for quality tags that will be turned in by early August,with specific hunt codes if he or she didn't draw for that species. I mean it seems to me it would put everyone with an equal chance for these highly coveted tags. No more refreshing every 5 minutes or worrying if your in cell service so your app could notify you. Something to think about and bring up to the wildlife commission board befor next year.

I guess I was wrong on unit 1 instead of 10. I was suprised how long it was on the list - now I know why. Appreciate the heads up on going to DOW to pick up an active license.

I want to clarify, I logged on and it was there, for 10 minutes, 2 refreshes. It may have been there awhile before I logged in, we just don't know. We don't need to jump to any conclusions.

Does anyone have the CDOW regs on buying after the hunt starts? I can not find it anywhere on their site. That makes 0 sense and is rough on all non-residents and any resident that doesn't live within 5-10 minutes of an office. Seems fishy that I see ML tags go on and off within one refresh- so someone within an office has to be buying them if they can only be bought in person at a CDOW office.

Also, I have tried to buy a few tags- already logged in, refresh instantly, there is a tag, enter the info within 5-8 seconds of the new list being out-- and each time I get the red wording that there is not a tag available. There is no way the purchase can be completed by someone else within 5-8 seconds of the refresh.

I find that there is a lag in the system or my system . The heading on the sheets say it updated as of say 1030 but it will not refresh on my system until 1032. So where is the 2 min lag time and is that the same for everyone?

I am assuming that lag is consistent for all. At 12:20 my sheets were revised and are posted as 12:18 on the sheets.

9/13/18,3:40 PM Est, I just looked on the leftover list and there are (2) DM044E1R licenses available. The season ends on Sunday the 16th. Why would they just now be added to the list. This is one tag that I would have purchased had I known about it prior to this afternoon. It wasn't even on it prior to 12 noon EST. I personally like the idea and even appreciate being able to participate in the leftover tags but I really think they (Colorado) could do better.

Dave
300Wtby

I totally agree with you Dave . I see a ton of tags popping up lately with only 2-3 days left to hunt . Almost like cpw has been sitting on them for a while .
I just tried to get my son a tag as soon as the alert went off . I got the error message ? no available quota for this hunt? yet the tag stayed up on the list for 3 more cycles or about 25 min.

If the season is in progress you have to show up at a CDOW office to pick up the tag.

Jake H. BIG BONE HUNTING Page on Facebook.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Sep-14-18 AT 11:29AM (MST)[p]The tag I was trying to get was a first rifle season tag starting oct 13th .
Was not already open .

What is up with a ton of muzzleloader tags hitting the list this week with 2-3 days left to hunt? Where have these tags been sitting for the last 30 days? I have called and tried to ask these questions but usually get a kid who knows nothing and has been trained to not let us talk to anyone else higher up who might have a clue.

I just tried to buy a 69 sheep tag called in and the said I have to be at a g&f office in person, makes no sense to me as I would still have to pick it up at their office. MAJOR BUMMER!!!

"I just tried to buy a 69 sheep tag called in and the said I have to be at a g&f office in person, makes no sense to me as I would still have to pick it up at their office. MAJOR BUMMER!!!"

The season must be in progress. You have to buy all tags at an office if the season is already open, even otc.

So basically once the hunt starts you need to camp out in a CWP parking lot.
And be ready to hunt as soon as you can get the tag.

Sent a Unit 62 2nd rifle cow tag back today. Have a deer tag and was afraid I wouldn't be able pull off two hunts in distant parts of the state the same week.

The 30 day mark for 2nd R is this Thu so there should be another wave of tags hitting the list soon. Good Luck!

Tag exchanges must be done prior to the season starting, not 30 days in advance, which is why the tags pop up a week into the season. CPW isn't sitting on them.

That's the way I read it as well. 30 days in advance to either get your money back or preference points reinstated.

Sure seems like someone has them in their pile of things to do that didn't get done.

It could be like someone stated in an earlier post that they did return to get money back 30 days in advance but then they had to offer the tag to the next so many in line and till that all got done it ended up being in the middle of the season. Who knows, but I would like to know.

Have a Great Day!

300Wtby

Dave

As far as buying online, after the season for that license has started.....that only applies to certain species and seasons. I bought my limited archery elk license online when it appeared on the leftover list on Aug 28th. Season had already been running for 3 days. Shortly after I tried to buy an OTC w/caps archery Bear license for the same unit, and the system would not allow it. I had to go to 6060 Broadway to get the bear license. I thought this only applied to bear (and I do see it in the regs). But apparently to Sheep as well. Boy that 69 sheep tag would have been a killer. I was in their office the day that popped up, and my app was running, but I was there a couple hours too early.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-21-18 AT 08:16PM (MST)[p]I saw a Mt Goat tag yesterday also...season started on the 19th no way for me to get it, was on the list for 5 min...total bummer

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom