Leftover tags question.

huntindad4

Very Active Member
Can a nonresident only purchase from the nonresident pool from this list?

I assume so, but can't find the info in searching.

The tags shown are the remaining tags before the nr quota is filled. Make sure there are enough.
If there are only resident tags, can a nonresident purchase one?

I'm assuming not, but just trying to clarify.

Does the nonresident quota have such a hard cap that it can't even go over for leftover tags?

Thanks for the response Bob, I really appreciate it.

hard cap
OR is the most self centered when it comes to hunters. I mentioned raising the cap to 10% on a forum and people got twisted, "we don't have enough antelope for us..." I mentioned AZ didn't have a lot of Antelope yet they managed to give out up to 10%. crickets
Also, in a mixed party there has to be enough nr tags for all, even though the residents in that party will be given res tags and the nr get theirs from the nr side. Figure that one out....

hard cap
OR is the most self centered when it comes to hunters. I mentioned raising the cap to 10% on a forum and people got twisted, "we don't have enough antelope for us..." I mentioned AZ didn't have a lot of Antelope yet they managed to give out up to 10%. crickets
Also, in a mixed party there has to be enough nr tags for all, even though the residents in that party will be given res tags and the nr get theirs from the nr side. Figure that one out....
Thanks again Bob. I knew Oregon was stingy to NR hunters, just didn't realize how stingy..

If it's any consolation you don't want any leftover tags anyway. if a tag sucks so bad nobody wants it as a 4th choice there's your sign. they're crap.

Oregon does hose the NR , sorry about that it's a bunch of BS. but if you build up a few points there are some fun hunts in nice country you'll enjoy.

The tag I'm interested in is an archery tag that I wouldn't expect a ton from. I miss the old buy an archery tag and hunt most of the state.

I only have blacktail tags for the year and was looking at a mule deer tag with my kids in country I know.

That said I get where you're coming from Tog.

I'm old enough to remember when you could buy a deer tag and hunt pretty much the entire state with whatever weapon was legal at the time. Of course, that was back when the deer outnumbered the hunters.

True story. and here in the Ochoco unit elk tags were over the counter and season lasted a month. wasn't as many elk back then but there were bigger ones, deer absolutely everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom