Leftovers....

I think they are intentionally varying how long the tags take to put back on. When a tag is processed they are likely using a random number generator to decide if the tag goes back on in 1 day or 5 days. They are meant to be random so that no one really knows.

I notice in the last week a bunch of muzzy tags added then left for deer and elk... From my data so far there is not reliable pattern. Although I have not seen any added before 10:00 am.

I have seen a lot show up for only 5 minutes then disappear...

>I think they are intentionally varying
>how long the tags take
>to put back on. When
>a tag is processed they
>are likely using a random
>number generator to decide if
>the tag goes back on
>in 1 day or 5
>days. They are meant to
>be random so that no
>one really knows.
>
>I notice in the last week
>a bunch of muzzy tags
>added then left for deer
>and elk... From my data
>so far there is not
>reliable pattern. Although I have
>not seen any added before
>10:00 am.
>
>I have seen a lot show
>up for only 5 minutes
>then disappear...
>

they do not "dissapear" they are bought that fast. every decent tag that takes any pooints to drew is gone in a blink.

including the unit 76 archery elk tag I snagged this week. SMILE. Talk about having hunt plans do a 180 2 days before the season, mine just did.

KHunter

>>====Hostess Donettes Pro Staff=====>

Or the 61 first rifle tag I snagged a couple weeks ago. Second year in a row and third time I'll be hunting in there. Did I mention I love the re-issues. I also love that I'm building points on top of it too.

Muzzy tags hitting the list today when we 6 days into season and it closes in 3 days. Makes zero sense

DM?5?O1M 050,500,501 1 09/09/17 09/17/17
DM?67O1M 067 1 09/09/17 09/17/17

Thank you for mentioning this I was wondering the same thing. Is the process from turning in a tag taking that long to getting them posted or can we decide half way through a season we can turn our tags in? I'm sure it is just taking a long time to process.

I don't know how long the delay is, but it's possible that people turn the tag in at the very last minute before season starts and forfeit both money and points, but it will allow them to pick up an A list tag later on. If they know they can't go for some reason but could go on a later hunt it may be worth it to them. If they keep it and don't use it they won't be able to pick up another A list tag later.

The tag only has to be postmarked before season starts. So there could be delays in mailing time as well as processing once CPW receives it.

There is always the small chance that a tag gets returned last minute due to death, medical, or deployment.

The tags I've seen on there with only a couple days left of season are still getting bought pretty quick!

"The one cow elk tag. A good tag lasted 20 min."

I just moved to Highlands Ranch for work. I have been ccoming out for deer for a few years and already have that tag for myself and my daughter in place. Elk, not so much. I'd really like to watch this site for a decent cow tag for meat and due to cost since I'm not technically a resident for another 6 months. Anyone got any suggestions on which cow tags are in "good" units and which I should be looking for on this list? Thanks in advance.

Saw 3 unit 61 2nd season cow tags available when I checked after work today (around 3:30), I was able to get one of them which is a bonus as my hunting partner has a unit 61 2nd season bull tag. Feel very happy right now. I'm going to do my best to fill my cow tag at the expense of my partners 9 year in the waiting bull tag.:7

Me too, what unit is your tag for? Mine is 62. Its been a very long time since I have hunted there. But it's close and I am not worried about using points to hunt it.

Has anyone seen any good tags come across the leftover list recently? I've seen several really good deer tags pop up but unfortunately I already hunted deer so I watched them quickly disappear! I have been watching the elk tags really closely though and have not seen hardly anything pop up.

I saw some 61 cow tags a couple or 3 weeks ago. There were 3 or 4 posted at one time for second season. They were there for a bit, I had time to call someone if I had someone to call...I also saw 1 cow tag for 61 first season, that went fairly quick. I'm not sure what you deem "quality" tags, but for this meat hunter that would've ranked right up there.. I would've bought one had I not already picked up a 54 bull tag first season.. There were 5 posted on 9/2 and I snagged one. The rest hung around for better part of a week. After that I've seen a handful more show up as well as both cow and bull tags for 55, first and second seasons. I'm not sure how quality a 54 bull tag is for first season anymore. I could probably take it and $2 down to Village Inn and get a cup of coffee, maybe even a piece of pie if I went on Wednesday.....

Someone swooped up an 851 Bosque Del Oso tag today! I panicked when I saw it and wasn't sure about the tag so hesitated a little too long! lol

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom