Leftovers?

I drew a leftover unit 22 tag. Hope there is enough public land to fill my tag! I'll still probably pick up a doe tag or two for one of near by units.

I drew 22 also.
Probably going to stay on the east side of the unit on BLM.

Good luck and hope I see ya out there.
Will hunt the first two days of October at least.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-13-17 AT 06:37PM (MST)[p]>I drew 22 also.
>Probably going to stay on the
>east side of the unit
>on BLM.
>
>Good luck and hope I see
>ya out there.
>Will hunt the first two days
>of October at least.

Take a look at my post over on the HT Pronghorn Forum where guys are talking about tags they got. A couple drew 22 and I posted a link with a map of all the public roads that give legal access to the public land that is mostly on the east side of the unit. Good luck and be prepared for a rough hunt in some tough country!

Actually here is a C/P of the post to save you some time:

The biologist was correct and you'll have to hunt the far east side of the unit where 95% of the legally accessible public ground is located. It is not your typical antelope ground, so be prepared for a lot of walking in some rough terrain. Here is the map of Johnson County to click on showing the legally accessible county maintained roads that are in yellow. You'll see that about the only legal roads are mainly Schoonover Road, Irigarary Road, CR 190, Trabing Road, and Nine Mile Road. If you click on the hand at the upper left corner you can pan/move the map around to be able to see anywhere you want to look at within unit 22. Good luck and have patience on your hunt.

***Sorry, but you'll have to go over on my post on that site to click on the link, as I can't get it to transfer over here with the rest of the post!

Thanks Topgun. As always, you're a class act!

Mill, when the season gets closer we will have to talk. I'm coming from Wisconsin and will most likely be hunting solo, unless I can get my friend from Casper to tag along for a few days.

I've hunted antelope units with less public land and still was successful. This should be a fun hunt!

Thanks ss13 and IMHO any hunt is a fun hunt! You'll be surprised with the country where you'll be because it's far from your typical antelope land.

Hey guys! A member just made a post over on HT asking for the guys who drew unit 22 to contact him, as he has property in the unit and is offering FREE ACCESS! You had better grab that chance real quick before it gets away!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-14-17 AT 11:38AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-14-17 AT 11:33?AM (MST)

I hunted 22 several times between 2003 and 2012. Prior to 2012, finding a nice goat was almost easy. We'd kill some small deer, and usually get a chance at a 160-180", or spot one after shooting a smaller one!

When we went in 2012, there was a lot of construction for gas lines so goats, and deer, were harder to come by. The area along the river that provided good cover for whitetail, mule deer, and goats had been grazed, so the cover was gone.

The roads TG mentioned all sound familiar. They are on BLM maps for Buffalo and Kaycee. In 2012, some of the areas had WG&F signs for Public Land or walk-in areas. And there would be a sign beside it that said "No Trespassing - ABC Mining." Your choice!

For deer (I can't remember what deer unit that is), we ended up on the north side of Hwy 90 on some public land. I think it was the Dow Prong Road area, and Highway 14, or it may have been Hwy 16?

I'll post a couple pics from previous hunts.

8636620121005wyominghunt039.jpg

9382520121005wyominghunt019cut.jpg

62470img0746.jpg

59195img4354.jpg

17639img4277.jpg

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom