Legal question

338winmag

So I have a question. If a guy was to wound an animal with a questionable shot last night of the season and decided to leave him over night is it legal to carry a firearm the next morning to finish him if need be? I called our sorry ass game and fish left 3 messages with 3 different officers and still have not gotten a return call so figured maybe someone on here May know. I am sure it is probably not legal but ethics say you should.
Thanks

Did you call the game and fish headquarters? Their websites list every game and fish officer and their numbers, id call every one till I got an answer.

It is legal to carry a gun , it is NOT LEGAL to use a gun to dispatch a big game animal outside of the dates of the license for the big game .
Curious , since you called the "sorry ass " g&f ,what officers did you leave messages with?

Not to follow through and verify weather it will live, or I need to finish this is unethical, do what’s right. I hope I am Never in this situation. If I am, I know what I would do and I would accept the consequences as I have to live myself.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom