Legendary Arms

mlycrzy

Very Active Member
Does anybody own one of these rifles? I've been doing some research and it seems like a well built accurate gun. Looking for a long range set up and there seems to be a lot of options out there including some much cheaper than what some of these semi-custom rifles go for.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-25-16 AT 11:03AM (MST)[p]It's a new company building semi-custom rifles . one of the best rifle builders in the world, Mark Bansner is involved and even though these aren't going to be the same as Mark's ultimate rifles they should be nice .

LAW offers a 1 moa guarantee, not bad but you said you want a long range rifle. you might check out Fierce rifles they offer a 1/2" guarantee in a rifle for $ 2,000. I think they're connected to Christiansen arms which makes me less than impressed but a 1/2 MOA guarantee is a 1/2 MOA guarantee. try to find another rifle that guarantees that kind of accuracy for that price.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

Yes, I've been looking at the Fierce and Christensen Ridgeline as well. The price on the Law is about $400 cheaper which is nice. I like the Timney trigger on the Law also. Browning makes a few I really like also at a much better price but I'm still trying to decide if the upgrades on these other higher end brands are worth the extra money. Thanks for your input Tog!

I haven't looked into it but there is no accuracy guarantee on Browning is there? do you feel lucky?

A 1/2 MOA guarantee is amazing on a $2000 rifle I don't know how they do it.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

If you do some google reviews on the LAW rifles, you may reconsider. I was looking into them until I did my research and the posts on other websites were not at all complimentary to them.

I would say look at the Fierce or simply have a custom done for you. For me, I wouldn't even put $500 into a LAW rifle based on the experiences I have read about. just my 0.02

The Law rifles are very nice and a good concept. They're well designed and the components are good along with the fit and finish. Trouble is they have issues assembling the firearms to make them work as advertised. Mark has limited involvement, but there's a difference between building one of his guns in a controlled shop and building them in larger numbers. LAW is finding out production rifles with that type of a guarantee aren't as easy to produce with so many hands involved. That being said they're making strides toward getting the process and procedures in place to make them work and shoot as designed. They need to do a very rigorous QC and range test on all the guns they sell with that guarantee or else they'll discover the internet clearly isn't their friend. That being said time is on your side here and waiting can work for you. They'll either get the bugs out or they'll become another casualty in the firearms business.

>The Law rifles are very nice
>and a good concept. They're
>well designed and the components
>are good along with the
>fit and finish. Trouble is
>they have issues assembling the
>firearms to make them work
>as advertised. Mark has limited
>involvement, but there's a difference
>between building one of his
>guns in a controlled shop
>and building them in larger
>numbers. LAW is finding out
>production rifles with that type
>of a guarantee aren't as
>easy to produce with so
>many hands involved. That being
>said they're making strides toward
>getting the process and procedures
>in place to make them
>work and shoot as designed.
>They need to do a
>very rigorous QC and range
>test on all the guns
>they sell with that guarantee
>or else they'll discover the
>internet clearly isn't their friend.
>That being said time is
>on your side here and
>waiting can work for you.
>They'll either get the bugs
>out or they'll become another
>casualty in the firearms business.
>

Great info...thanks!

>The Law rifles are very nice
>and a good concept. They're
>well designed and the components
>are good along with the
>fit and finish. Trouble is
>they have issues assembling the
>firearms to make them work
>as advertised. Mark has limited
>involvement, but there's a difference
>between building one of his
>guns in a controlled shop
>and building them in larger
>numbers. LAW is finding out
>production rifles with that type
>of a guarantee aren't as
>easy to produce with so
>many hands involved. That being
>said they're making strides toward
>getting the process and procedures
>in place to make them
>work and shoot as designed.
>They need to do a
>very rigorous QC and range
>test on all the guns
>they sell with that guarantee
>or else they'll discover the
>internet clearly isn't their friend.
>That being said time is
>on your side here and
>waiting can work for you.
>They'll either get the bugs
>out or they'll become another
>casualty in the firearms business.
>

Well thought out reply and it seems to be based on a high level of knowledge about the company and the challenges being faced by them.

Very informative, thanks!
Zeke

Their issues aren't unique to their company. Any company building guns with accuracy guarantees faces the same high standard and issues with production. It's not easy to get those standards and methods put into place when you go to higher production with different sized actions etc. Having worked for a company that built weapons for sale to our elite military, law enforcement, and public sectors that had a 5 shot 1/2 inch or under accuracy guarantee, I fully understand what they're up against.

They have a very nice looking product and there's definitely a niche for the product in the marketplace. The ability to walk into a store and buy one off the shelf offers many advantages as opposed to waiting for a gun for a year in the semi / full custom market. They've had a few mulligan's and standing behind the product is paramount to the companies success. The internet only compounds the issues and most guys aren't too patient about getting an issue resolved on a new $2000.00 gun. That's why the QC and range test with a furnished target are the best money spent towards a satisfied customer.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-12-17 AT 10:28AM (MST)[p]Well I ended up purchasing one of the Legendary Arms in the 28 nosler. I put a great scope on it and so far I've been able to shoot sub moa groups with quality bullets. I did read some negative reviews as mentioned in a few of the above posts but they look to have gotten most of the issues ironed out. This rifle/caliber is a shooter in my book. Thank you for the replys and informative information.

89842img0086.jpg

77318image.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom