Leica 12X50 Ultravids

M

Matt_Palmquist

Just curious what everyone thinks of these bins. I recently found a pair at a good price and was considering purchasing them. Those that have used them, is it necessary to use a tripod for extended viewing?

I recently purchased Pentax 10X43 SPs and a Pentax PF80 ED and am quite satisfied with both, but always turn back to Leica or Swaro. I would primarily use the 12X50 for stand hunting in open country for Whitetails and Mulies. And possible while blind hunting for antelope. I am in the priliminary stages of planning a hunt for Coues Deer in AZ, and am wondering if the 12X50s would be necessary, or would my 10X bins and spotter be the better set up.

Thanks,

Matt

They are awesome glass on a tripod. Comaprable to Swaro 15x56's but lighter weight. If you found a good deal then buy them.

Bret M.

I use them as my primary binoculars and don't use a tripod. I love them but often are told by others that they are too heavy, too big. But, I glass a lot and have found animals others can't. To me the positives outweigh the negatives. I have had them for two years and don't regret buying them. I love them.

Rich

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom