Leica Duovids?

N

NMTcoueshunter

Anybody have any field experience with the 10-15X50 leicas? I am debating between these and the 15x56 swaros. I have always liked leica quality but dont know about the duovids. What are the advantages/disadvantages of them. Thanks for any input.
Nathan

Check out the specs, as the field of view at 10x with the Duovids is much narrower than a regular 10x bino. The field of view at 15x was about the same as the Swaro 15's.

I had thought about combining my 10x50's and 15x58's into a Duovid, but changed my mind when I saw the 10x field of view.

RR

HOLY CRAP... Those student loans must be getting big... When I was at Tech I was selling plasma to eat.. :)

I think they are apples and oranges... to really use the 15's you need to have a tripod. I have the Lecia 10's and those are the ones I carry around my neck when I spot something or have a good glassing point that is when I would pull out the big glass attached to a tripod..

I bet you could glass up deer from South Hall bedded down on the "T" in the mountain..

j-

I have a pair of duovids and love them. In the last couple of yrs I won't even consider glassing unless the bino's are on a tripod.It doesn't matter wether they are on 10 power or 15 power. In my opinion a smaller field means you are picking country apart better( you'r eye's aren't wandering).When somebody say's to me the field of veiw is to small,that means you aren't picking the country apart.Anybody can find game up and moving,but can they find them bedded down.thats where these bino's come in handy.Mind you they are heavy but so is packing out a big ass buck or bull that you found bedded down .

I also have a set and love them. You can hand hold them but I also agree if your glassing seriously picking apart the country with any bino you will need a tripod.

I don't think you could go wrong with the Duovids but let me put another idea into your head. Many times I've gone out with people who do not have quality binos and really have trouble glassing effectively. I have a quality pair of 10's and 15's (name brand really doesn't matter when you get into the high end optics) and many times I've had the 15's set up on a tripod and the 10's I use propped up on my knees with the spotting scope nearby. With one pair of bino's you are sometimes limited to one man glassing effectively and your always trading back and forth
binoculars so that you may both judge the game you've spotted. Of course if you hunt alone or with others who have quality optics then this is not an issue. Goodluck with your choice. fatrooster.

I love my Duovids because I don't need two pair of binos. I used to use 15x Doctors on the tripod but 15x is too much to hand hold. Now I use 10x for quick glassing and sit down with the tripod and 15x. I also carry 20-60 Swarovski for trophy evaluation.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom