Lemon Charged, Trump Jr the Hunter

JakeH

Long Time Member
While endlessly entertaining, It can get confusing try to follow the Utah hunting shenanigans. Between the guides and their fan base here, it’s like trying to figure out the characters in Game of Thrones. (y)
Hoss is the Lord Varys of monster Muleys with his "little birds" flying around. LOL
my-little-birds-are-everywhere-even-in-the-north-they-xh2.jpg

Last edited:

JB1975

Very Active Member
If you can't tell I don't worry about whether people are gossiping.

I don't measure my pleasure off of the possibility of other people's misfortunes. I hold little respect for those that do.

I don't worry or talk to little birdies. They aren't ever as important as they pretend to be.
According to your reviews, your taxidermy work on little birdies ain’t too good either.

hossblur

Long Time Member
If you can't tell I don't worry about whether people are gossiping.

I don't measure my pleasure off of the possibility of other people's misfortunes. I hold little respect for those that do.

I don't worry or talk to little birdies. They aren't ever as important as they pretend to be.

It's only gossip until there are charging papers, then it's fact.

Misfortune is when something HAPPENS TO YOU. Not when YOU cause that thing. We call that Criminal Action.

Chesterwyo

Very Active Member
Just an odd observation. Imagine you are going to do something illegal. Would you actually leave a piece of equipment with your name on it at the sight?

That stems from getting away with some of the most egregious bullshit imaginable for so long that you think you are untouchable. To the point you think your only worry when doing more egregious bullshit is someone stealing your camera off your bait pile.

hossblur

Long Time Member
Google this case. It's all over "news" sites.

So here we go again. WE will now get to have to defend bear hunting, as WLH and Jr. pulled this crap.

WE, will get attacked not just by the Antis, but by the average folks.

How do you think treeing a bear and lighting a fire under it will play in the press?

Kalan had the balls to stand up in the comment period during the cam meeting this spring, and declare we were in the same boat.

As he knew, at the time, his old man was pulling this chit. He knew he was under investigation. And, so did a handful of other guides sitting there. They had to sit there and listen to that guy, while his company was pissing all over their industry.

Tri. Who do you think tipped off the DWR?

Bear hunting is already under attack. Tri "good friend" Wade Lemon, just added the flames. LITERALLY.

That's OUR MISFORTUNE

Last edited:

wstrntines

Very Active Member
Do you guys really think Wade Lemon puts out cameras? Do yall really think he puts his name on a camera and puts it on an illegal bait??????
Yeah they do I found one in a meadow on the Boulder unit in 2018. It said Wade Lemon Hunting I doubt anyone who writes on the top side of their camera puts Wade Lemon on it for fun!

hossblur

Long Time Member
Him missing his hair is the least of your worries about what he's missing. 😆 🤣 😂

LOL with as many references to little birds, I thought for sure you had seen the show. It is a good one.

No. Unless it's Fab Rats, Matt's Towing, or a handful of farming shows, I don't watch much TV.

Bad habit of falling asleep in the chair when the TV comes on😁

Buzzy

They don't know. They can't even tell you what he was charged with.
This isn’t freaking rocket science. He’s charged with illegally using bait to kill a bear. And I’m guessing there are more charges on top of that but I have better things to do then to look into the details. Continue to support this scumbag as your paycheck probably depends on it.

RELH

Long Time Member
Tristate if you would have bothered to read the article in the first post you would have seen that he faces a FELONY charge of unlawful taking of a bear and COULD face 5 years in prison if convicted. I also wonder if he is convicted, are you going to loose customers.
RELH

Tristate

Long Time Member
Tristate if you would have bothered to read the article in the first post you would have seen that he faces a FELONY charge of unlawful taking of a bear and COULD face 5 years in prison if convicted. I also wonder if he is convicted, are you going to loose customers.
RELH

It actually doesn't say that RELH. I did read the article. It says he is facing a felony charge but it doesn't say what it is.

Bigfoot 1

Very Active Member
Why block people? Sunlight is the best disinfectant. It’s the goofy left that wants to inhibit free speech and ban everything they don’t agree with. We need debate from both sides. This Lemon guy sounds guilty according to the majority of you but a jury of his peers will have to determine that.

Court decisions as we have learned in the past really don’t carry a lot of weight either as we can refer to the O.J. Simpson verdict, not guilty is not the same as innocent..

joevegas

Why block people? Sunlight is the best disinfectant. It’s the goofy left that wants to inhibit free speech and ban everything they don’t agree with. We need debate from both sides. This Lemon guy sounds guilty according to the majority of you but a jury of his peers will have to determine that.

Court decisions as we have learned in the past really don’t carry a lot of weight either as we can refer to the O.J. Simpson verdict, not guilty is not the same as innocent..
Damn straight and agreed! We see OJ at the golf course quite often. Most of us wonder-how in the hell is this guy walking around free again? As far as WL-never met the fella but where there is smoke there is usually fire. Maybe his luck finally ran out. I don't believe anything I read anymore as you have to fact check everything! However, fact checking is no longer a option as liberal media will cover up everything but the truth. I can usually depend on Utah news more than I can Nevada news. SO--Is this Ol, boy guilty or not???? Has he been convicted? I also read he has 2 more felonies pending? Is he a good guy and just made 2 many bad decisions and finally got caught or was it intentional?

slamdunk

Damn straight and agreed! We see OJ at the golf course quite often. Most of us wonder-how in the hell is this guy walking around free again? As far as WL-never met the fella but where there is smoke there is usually fire. Maybe his luck finally ran out. I don't believe anything I read anymore as you have to fact check everything! However, fact checking is no longer a option as liberal media will cover up everything but the truth. I can usually depend on Utah news more than I can Nevada news. SO--Is this Ol, boy guilty or not???? Has he been convicted? I also read he has 2 more felonies pending? Is he a good guy and just made 2 many bad decisions and finally got caught or was it intentional?
An outfitter this large knows exactly what they are doing....there are no mistakes and the "intent" is and always has been clear and evident.

joevegas

An outfitter this large knows exactly what they are doing....there are no mistakes and the "intent" is and always has been clear and evident.
Gotcha. Figured as much but didn't want to throw a good ol boy down the river with out checking into it a bit. Tough situation 2 judge. I would have to assume he did some good at some point over the years. Than again, maybe he did not.

JB1975

Very Active Member
Gotcha. Figured as much but didn't want to throw a good ol boy down the river with out checking into it a bit. Tough situation 2 judge. I would have to assume he did some good at some point over the years. Than again, maybe he did not.
In ole Troll State's eyes, WLH can walk on water...

S-3 Ranch

I'm not implying anything but was curious where you can hunt desert bighorns in late May? I would think wherever that is....it's got to be a little warm.
Texas desert big horn permit last till end of July , rams are bunched up , but it’s miserable hot down low near the summer range
””Texas Parks and Wildlife conducts their annual census survey to issue “general” permits in August of each year. Once the survey is complete the numbers will be put into a formula, which will determine the number of tags issued in each respective mountain range. Our permits are revealed by the first day of September each year, which will then be valid to hunt “”

Last edited:

slamdunk

I'm just saying that when you are a top tier outfitter and have been in business for over 20 years and guide some of the biggest clients in the industry, you damn well better know the laws.
Obeying them is a whole other story....

Last edited:

Tristate

Long Time Member
I'm just saying that when you are a top tier outfitter and have been in business for over 20 years and guide some of the biggest clients in the industry, you damn well better know the laws.
Obeying them is a whole other story....

The game wardens, and even the DWR itself, can't even keep track of the laws anymore. I'm not exaggerating.

Vanilla

Very Active Member
Hypothetically: if a gate has a large “No Trespassing” sign on it, would it be hard to know whether you should stay out? Or do you think it’s gray area and you can just climb right over the sign on the gate and go in for a hunt? What about if you’d already asked said landowner if you could go across their land and they’d specifically told you no? Would that make it difficult to know if you should go in that land or not?

Hypothetically speaking, of course.

Or should we talk about irrelevant trail cameras some more? (What if, hypothetically, all that trespassing was on trail camera? Ironic…)

D33RHNTR

The game wardens, and even the DWR itself, can't even keep track of the laws anymore. I'm not exaggerating.
It’s no secret you can’t run hounds off an illegally placed bait. That law has been in existence for YEARS!

You might be slower than most, but I do hope you would even be aware of simple laws such as that, given as much “hunting” experience you imply to have had with western hunting

D33RHNTR

I would like to know why it took so long to press charges? The DWR had compelling evidence from the beginning. It seems like this was nearly swept under the rug.

Hawkeye
You’d be surprised at what takes place internally within the agency that gets swept under the rug that the public never hears about... And these people are still employed! if your average person got caught doing some of these things, there would be mandatory jail time for it.

grizzly

Long Time Member
I would like to know why it took so long to press charges? The DWR had compelling evidence from the beginning. It seems like this was nearly swept under the rug.

Hawkeye
...and would charges have ever been filed without the SLTrib investigation putting DNR on notice that the cat would soon be out of the bag?

Was the identity of the hunter in this case taken into account when considering not to file charges four years ago?

hossblur

Long Time Member
It’s no secret you can’t run hounds off an illegally placed bait. That law has been in existence for YEARS!

You might be slower than most, but I do hope you would even be aware of simple laws such as that, given as much “hunting” experience you imply to have had with western hunting

Don't tell Tri that to apply for bear you have to take an ethics and reg course, yearly. Facts just get in the way.

hossblur

Long Time Member
...and would charges have ever been filed without the SLTrib investigation putting DNR on notice that the cat would soon be out of the bag?

Was the identity of the hunter in this case taken into account when considering not to file charges four years ago?

So you think the DWR got pressure from the head of a Trump PAC in Utah that was responsible for bringing Jr and WLH together in the first place? Sure doesn't sound like any lobbyist I can think of.

treedagain

Long Time Member
So you think the DWR got pressure from the head of a Trump PAC in Utah that was responsible for bringing Jr and WLH together in the first place? Sure doesn't sound like any lobbyist I can think of.
How does that explain all the other charges that were swept under the rug has nothing to do with trump

Tristate

Long Time Member

That isn't what Slam and I were talking about.

hossblur

Long Time Member
How does that explain all the other charges that were swept under the rug has nothing to do with trump

You think that sheep getting poached by the Gov Tag holder wasn't political?

Imagine that headline: "Gov tag holder charged for poaching".

Further. Do you think Fowlkes bear hunt with WLH was coincidence?

I think the press finally paid attention because it's Jr, absolutely.

treedagain

Long Time Member

Whatever the reason, it is a good thing. 👍
Let him pay for his crimes and hopefully serve some jail time

hossblur

Long Time Member

Wade has 3 criminal cases this year. 3, and it's May. 6 months left

Bigfoot 1

Very Active Member

Hawkeye
I find it hard to believe any Game Warden would be complicit in an illegal act against the game laws he swore an oath to uphold. There are dirty officials at every level and money talks to some. This case would have to be a conspiracy case involving many individuals at different levels in order for it to be swept under the rug, in my opinion.

Many times Police will gather evidence and present it to the District Attorney for prosecution, the D.A. says no, I want more evidence, I want this to be an open and shut case that won’t take a jury an hour to deliberate on. So the Police have to go gather more evidence, once they do then the D.A. makes another determination and if it’s to proceed then he has to convey a Grand Jury in order for them to hand down an indictment on the evidence. It’s very time consuming, it can take years unfortunately. There may never be enough evidence to even indict or the subject of the investigation is truly innocent.

From what I’m reading if this guy is guilty he will accept a plea deal that will keep him out of jail. I would bet on that.

S-3 Ranch

Has Wade ever served time or fined or anything like that before?
charged 1990’s

Elkslayer

We'll see how this affects how many tag holders they book now. A certain cwmu wlh usually buys tags from isn't going to sell them any this year. They were tired of getting walked all over, then this came to light and helped that decision. Wades son and another one of the main guides have their outfitters license. They knew what was coming.

Vanilla

Very Active Member
WL isn't taking any plea deal on any of these cases. His outfitter license is gone if he does. There is little chance of jail time for these offenses. You have to have some very extreme circumstances in poaching cases to serve time in any state these days, unfortunately.

He'd do a week in jail to keep his outfitting license. If he is convicted in these three cases, that won't be an option, I'm guessing.

hossblur

Long Time Member
WL isn't taking any plea deal on any of these cases. His outfitter license is gone if he does. There is little chance of jail time for these offenses. You have to have some very extreme circumstances in poaching cases to serve time in any state these days, unfortunately.

He'd do a week in jail to keep his outfitting license. If he is convicted in these three cases, that won't be an option, I'm guessing.

To quote someone

"Meh"

Contractors that lose their licenses just have the wife, brother, mom, etc get licensed.

DOPL is pretty useless.

I don't believe for a minute that this goes to trial with Jr wrapped up in it as orange man is running for president.

RELH

Long Time Member
That outfitter used Trump Jr. for publicity to promote his hunting guide service. Assuring that Trump Jr. got a good bear and enjoyed his hunt was a gold mine for publicity to get more very rich clients to flock to his service. He got stupid seeing all the potetial dollars that he expected to get.
RELH

Tristate

Long Time Member
That outfitter used Trump Jr. for publicity to promote his hunting guide service. Assuring that Trump Jr. got a good bear and enjoyed his hunt was a gold mine for publicity to get more very rich clients to flock to his service. He got stupid seeing all the potetial dollars that he expected to get.
RELH

We actually don't know if it was a "good" bear.

Bigfoot 1

Very Active Member
That's four charges now, wonder how many more will start surfacing?
Those who squeal first get the best plea deal. No telling what his guides know and are willing to tell to save their own hides.
This is assuming he has committed a crime of course. Innocent until proven guilty in this country still.

hossblur

Long Time Member
RELH

Nah.

He's been stupid for decades.

They guide their share of gov tags and high dollar tags.

They are what they are. The change is that enough guys in Utah are tired of the corporate **** and are turning them in.

And to be fair. Enough rank and file DWR/Rangers are tired of it too.

The baiting and cam bans, are majority aimed at them.

Too many LE/OIL guys have had their hunt ruined by the kill at all costs buisness model. They are done. It's about damn time

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Top Bottom