Leopard and Nyala

fullcry

I’m looking to go back to Africa.
I’m interested in Leopard and Nyala this trip.
Anyone hunted them lately with a recommendation?
please PM me when you get a moment.

If you want both on the same hunt, you’ll most likely end up in southeast Zimbabwe. I’d be looking at hunts either on Nuanetsi or Save Valley conservancies. Thierry Labat, Alan Vincent (my #1 preference) or the Duckworths would all be excellent choices for such a hunt. You’ll probably be best served hunting earlier in the year when weather is cool. I prefer darker moon phases but you should discuss calendar and moon with your PH.

Let me know if you need any help contacting the PH’s I mentioned.

I would second what CAelknuts recommended above. You are almost certainly talking Zimbabwe for that combination. Of course there are other locations but more isolated. There are good nyala in RSA, but leopard is difficult there. A few places in Mozambique to consider, and probably Zambia as well.
Bill

I would second what CAelknuts recommended above. You are almost certainly talking Zimbabwe for that combination. Of course there are other locations but more isolated. There are good nyala in RSA, but leopard is difficult there. A few places in Mozambique to consider, and probably Zambia as well.
Bill
I’m not aware of anyplace in Zambia that has ever had Nyala. Damn good leopard hunting though. And I’m pretty sure that leopards are still closed in South Africa, or at best only a tiny overall quota. There may be somewhere in Moz that both can be hunted together, but none that I’ve heard of. Coutada 9 has excellent Nyala but almost no leopards at all. Don’t know about the other Coutada’s, though 14 might have both. Good leopards in Niassa, but no Nyala. As far as I know, SE Zim is the only place where both can be hunted together. But, I could be wrong.

I have hunted nyala and leopards on the same hunt in Namibia, but it wouldn't be my recommendation for this specific combination. I had different plains game as my top priority but saw plenty of nyala.
I am aware of some isolated pockets in Mozambique as well, but once again it wouldn't be my recommendation. The original recommendation to focus on Zimbabwe still stands or hunt these animals on separate trips.
Bill

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom