Let’s get this started!

Gadjet

Polaris vs Can Am? I’m talking 4 seater side by sides! Quality issues? Problems? What’s everyone’s opinions?
Right now I’m a Polaris guy! But I’m starting to think about going to Can Am. They’re making some pretty good looking rigs these days.

Polaris. Had some fire isdues a few years ago, supposed to have got them fixed.

I *think* Polaris has more ground clearance.

Ive had a polaris 900 EPS with winch. At about 250 hours I had to replace a fuel pump.

Honestly don't know. I always heard good things about the BRP motor. I am proudly and recently owner of a can-am. Only put 60 miles on it and love it.

Changing oil sucks. Bad engineering on that part.

All I know Is it has 4 wheels and does what I want and that's all that counts

I switched from Polaris to Yamaha and have noticed a ton of improvements in quality with things like sealed bearings, zerk locations, bolts instead of plastic push pins, etc... Plus, with a cab kit and heater they're fantastic for cold weather as your gear is inside the cab and out of the weather.

VideoCapture_20221112-213504.jpg
20221112_155315_resized.jpg

Not BS'ing You At All!

Punch it in on Google!

CAN-AMS Are The Best Mice Attractants/Nests I've Ever Seen!

Not BS'ing You At All!

Punch it in on Google!

CAN-AMS Are The Best Mice Attractants/Nests I've Ever Seen!

Not just a Can Am problem. Those little bastards chew on just about anything! I don’t think they really care what brand it is.

You will spend more time discussing the paint color differences between a Polaris and CanAm than actual differences. Personally, I like the Honda Pioneer.

I have put 40 thousand miles on two Polaris, Not easy miles ether, Lots of cross country, through Greasewood, over rocks and in the mud. I love the Polaris, makes my job a 100 times easier, but stuff breaking down is and issue. The fuel pump is a problem. I am in need of a new one soon, Thinking of the Can Am, but will look at the new Polaris as I hear some of the break down issues have been addressed.

I switched from Polaris to Yamaha and have noticed a ton of improvements in quality with things like sealed bearings, zerk locations, bolts instead of plastic push pins, etc... Plus, with a cab kit and heater they're fantastic for cold weather as your gear is inside the cab and out of the weather.

View attachment 101661View attachment 101662
I’m in the hunt for a four seater SxS. Did you look at the Honda pioneer? Just curious on your thoughts on it if you did. I’ve never looked at the Yamaha so I’ll add that to the list.

I’m in the hunt for a four seater SxS. Did you look at the Honda pioneer? Just curious on your thoughts on it if you did. I’ve never looked at the Yamaha so I’ll add that to the list.
I went to the dealership to get a Pioneer as I hadn't ever heard of the Wolverine. Once I saw the Yamaha, it was perfect for what I wanted it for.

It is either a 2 seater with a ton of interior space, as the rear seats side forward and lay down; or a 4 seater with some interior space, but still more than my old Polaris.

I had three adults, plus all our gear, plus a bull elk in there this fall and it was fantastic.

The cab kit is DOT glass, instead of the crappy plastic on my old Polaris that scratches all up, it has a windshield wiper with fluid, etc...

In the summer, I just take the doors off and it's still great unless it's really hot and then you'll overheat.

Everybody makes fun of how goofy it looks... until it's cold and rainy or snowy and then they want to ride with me ?

I have a can am 2 seater trail model with a cab kit and heater installed. I like everything about it, except, as previously noted, where they put the oil filter is ridiculous. Otherwise, great ride and it has served me well.

I wouldn’t overlook those, they are dang solid machines with a decent price and an unmatched 3 year factory warranty. You can pick up a 4 seater for right around 19k
Son-in-law has one.
I never thought much about a Kawasaki (not good or bad thoughts, I just never thought about them) but after being in and around his, It's pretty damn nice!

Zeke

Kawasaki Teryx???
I have owned two of these. They are very, very reliable. My first one never had a problem until my son rolled it (thank goodness they were wearing seatbelts). Yes, it was his fault but that's a whole other story. My friend bought it from the insurance company and it still runs great.
The teryx has great leg room and is not as big a bulky as some of the competition; it handles very well in the hills. The one I have now, has been great as well (I believe it's a 2020).
I looked at several other brands and could not get over the high cost. I thought the teryx was the best value.
With that said, I will strongly consider the Honda Pioneer but I do not plan on getting rid of my teryx anytime soon.
I think I have had it out 100 times this season pushing snow :oops:

I have owned two of these. They are very, very reliable. My first one never had a problem until my son rolled it (thank goodness they were wearing seatbelts). Yes, it was his fault but that's a whole other story. My friend bought it from the insurance company and it still runs great.
The teryx has great leg room and is not as big a bulky as some of the competition; it handles very well in the hills. The one I have now, has been great as well (I believe it's a 2020).
I looked at several other brands and could not get over the high cost. I thought the teryx was the best value.
With that said, I will strongly consider the Honda Pioneer but I do not plan on getting rid of my teryx anytime soon.
I think I have had it out 100 times this season pushing snow :oops:
Ya, you've been getting snow alright! Deep and often, that's for sure!

Polaris vs Can Am? I’m talking 4 seater side by sides! Quality issues? Problems? What’s everyone’s opinions?
Right now I’m a Polaris guy! But I’m starting to think about going to Can Am. They’re making some pretty good looking rigs these days.
Can’t go wrong with either one! I be been around all the brands in snow, mud, rocks, you name it and they all have there pros and cons. I have a Polaris and my brother has the can am full cab, roll up windows heater/AC and if I was to buy another I would go with the Can Am. Both will pretty much go anywhere you want and some places you don’t want to go!

View attachment 101661View attachment 101662

How do you like the back seat system?

I have a viking with the ad on seat in the bed, but loaded up its pretty underpowered and the suspension socks compared to modern machined.

Agree with superior build of Yamahas

I have a Pioneer 1000-5. They are very solid machines and definitely live up to the Honda reliability. However, they are at least 10 years behind the other manufacturers in ride quality, cab comforts and after market parts.

How do you like the back seat system?

I have a viking with the ad on seat in the bed, but loaded up its pretty underpowered and the suspension socks compared to modern machined.

Agree with superior build of Yamahas
I love it. I'm not familiar with the Viking system you're referring to, but the sliding seats to allow for multiple configurations is great. On my elk hunt this year, we had 3 full adults and still had 75% of the available bed space.

It's not as sexy as my dad's Honda Talon, but it will go anywhere and haul tons of gear comfortably. The rear shock system adjusts ride height automatically when you add a load and that's really nice.

The new ones have a bigger motor but I've been fine with mine. The max speed on mine with the extra weight of the cab is about 42mph, but it's not like I'm driving it on the highway or anything.

I know there are others with more power, but I've never wanted for more power to get up hills or over obstacles so I'm fine with it.

I was at a buddy’s ranch a couple weeks ago in South Texas. He had 4-5 new Polaris 4-5 seaters and a new Mahindra Roxor. The Roxor was neat, but I would rather have a Jeep. Roxor is not street legal either.

As to why they are all new, imigrants broke in last year and burned his lodge and garage to the ground. Insurance replaced everything. His ranch is a few miles from a Border Patrol checkpoint so the illegals cross the ranches on either side of it. Thanks Biden.

For these prices....why not just buy a used Jeep? To me, it seems much cheaper to buy 2 used quads. You don't need a trailer to haul 2 quads either.

Lot of guys in our area that buy a new sxs every year and put over 20 grand of extras now went to jeeps. Their point was no more trailers then a week later I saw them hauling their jeeps to the mountain. LOL!!!

Last edited:
Lot of guys in our area that buy a new sxs every year and put over 20 grand of extras now went to jeeps. Their point was no more trailers then a week later I saw them hauling their jeeps to the mountain. LOL!!!
That’s funny. I picked up a low mileage 2011 Toyota FJ recently to use as a hunting/scouting vehicle. Will see how it turns out. Have had Jeeps before and nothing bad to say about the ones I had. Just trying something different this time.

That’s funny. I picked up a low mileage 2011 Toyota FJ recently to use as a hunting/scouting vehicle. Will see how it turns out. Have had Jeeps before and nothing bad to say about the ones I had. Just trying something different this time.

Nice!!!

I am honestly am a hypocrite. I never understood the whole SXS craze. Then the Mrs. Started talking about getting one which put me in charge of finding one. I looked at several and was patient. We ended up getting a 2020 can-am commander 800r. I ended paying way less and got the new trailer thrown in on the deal. Pretty much stole it

20221216_123844.jpg

Nice
Nice!!!

I am honestly am a hypocrite. I never understood the whole SXS craze. Then the Mrs. Started talking about getting one which put me in charge of finding one. I looked at several and was patient. We ended up getting a 2020 can-am commander 800r. I ended paying way less and got the new trailer thrown in on the deal. Pretty much stole it

View attachment 101768
Very nice. I would get a CanAm if getting a SxS. Probably end up with one down the road. Look forward to hearing how you like it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom