Let the Defense Begin

What's there to "help"? He got convicted now he has to accept his fate. Justice system doing what its set up to do.

Yall think I "defend" these guys. That ain't the case. I am perfectly happy accepting what the legal criminal justice system does to these offenders. I just don't believe in the internet "justice" people try to dish out. No I don't think his family should be victimized. I don't think his tires should be slashed every time he goes outdoors. I don't think his house should be burned down.

This is a done deal. Only people left to deal with this are him, his family, the jailers, and the Lord Almighty.

But Tricky Tri:

Is that fair to hang him out to dry? After all, it was just a ram, RIGHT? I mean he has a family. Why should he be in jail? Is that justice? Will that bring back the animals? What were the price or worth of the animals killed?

I do bet, however, that the investigation was done better than the investigation done on the ram? WHY you will ask, because they did not spend any time on this Ram case. How do I know? Because I looked into it? HOW you will ask? By looking into and investigating a few things. What you will ask, I know, never enough for you.

Robiland,

Lay off the peyote. You sound like a teenage girl in this argument already and I haven't even started slapping you around yet.

>Robiland,
>
>Lay off the peyote. You
>sound like a teenage girl
>in this argument already and
>I haven't even started slapping
>you around yet.

OH, so now you have something with women and abuse huh, GREAT. Good job Tri, you da man. Fist pump and chest bump from the fellas!

Ok so I will play. As devils advocate (acting like Tristate) let me ask...

Who got hurt by this person posing as a guide? Did the hunters get a hunt? If so they got what they paid for. The state lost a little money on a guides license. Thats the only cost I can see. The state issued tags to those hunters to hunt an animal. They hunted. There is no guarantee of a kill. Why should they get their money back if the guy took them on a hunt?

Should the guide get ticketed? I guess he guided without a license. So is it right to put him away for 3 years when he was only feeding his family by providing a service and being paid for it? Not to mention ruining his reputation and assassinating his character.

So what was the harm?

Disclaimer: This post does not necessarily represent my actual viewpoint, it is strictly rhetorical

>Ok so I will play. As
>devils advocate (acting like Tristate)
>let me ask...
>
>Who got hurt by this person
>posing as a guide? Did
>the hunters get a hunt?
>If so they got what
>they paid for. The state
>lost a little money on
>a guides license. Thats the
>only cost I can see.
>The state issued tags to
>those hunters to hunt an
>animal. They hunted. There is
>no guarantee of a kill.
>Why should they get their
>money back if the guy
>took them on a hunt?
>
>
>Should the guide get ticketed? I
>guess he guided without a
>license. So is it right
>to put him away for
>3 years when he was
>only feeding his family by
>providing a service and being
>paid for it? Not to
>mention ruining his reputation and
>assassinating his character.
>
>So what was the harm?
>
>
>
>

ANYTIME a story like this hits the media, as hunters, we ALL lose. The non-hunting public doesn't distinguish between the ethical/legal hunters/guides and those that don't play by the rules and we're all lumped together in the proverbial cesspool with this guy. AND, of course, the anti's pick up on this stuff like flies on a dead skunk and they love to spread the news. So it isn't just the guide, his family, the cops, the courts, and the Lord who are affected by this, thus the heated discussions on this forum about punishments and consequences. We all have a dog in these fights, whether we realize it or not.

Truly spoken from an amateur perspective.

Brittany Spears can sing Led Zeplin. But it ain't the same.

>Truly spoken from an amateur perspective.
>
>
>Brittany Spears can sing Led Zeplin.
> But it ain't the
>same.

Thats the nicest thing you've ever said to me. I'm really happy I can't compare to slinging bull$hit the way you do. You are certainly a pro at it.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-21-16 AT 00:33AM (MST)[p]>No dog. No fight.
>Don't pander to crazy.

"Do you hear yourself? Who do you think you are? You actually think people give a flip about the orders you hand out. What in your self-righteous ego makes you think you (can) give orders to any of us?"

Opps! That was on another thread directed to another opponent so it doesn't really count in this case does it? I guess I'll just concede any arguments with you and let you keep the last insults which is your view of "winning".

Two completely unrelated statements. What was the insult?

The things you think are an attack on you aren't about you at all. Give your ego a rest and quit living off of assumptions. You might be happier in this life.

You made a comment that you like to slap around teenage girls. Just wondering you what you meant by that? Sounds like you like to slap them around. NOT COOL AT ALL!

Post #3 doesn't say anything about me slapping a teenage girl. I have seen your picture and I am pretty sure you aren't a teenage girl. The slapping was a metaphor to what happens to you on the forums all the time. The teenage girl portion of the post is a separate "simile" which is noted by the word "like".

Slow down, read, and stop making assumptions.

>Post #3 doesn't say anything about
>me slapping a teenage girl.
> I have seen your
>picture and I am pretty
>sure you aren't a teenage
>girl. The slapping was
>a metaphor to what happens
>to you on the forums
>all the time. The
>teenage girl portion of the
>post is a separate "simile"
>which is noted by the
>word "like".
>
>Slow down, read, and stop making
>assumptions.

For some reason I think tristate really believes he wins all of these arguments he engages in. Other then the truth he just makes himself look and sound stupid

LAST EDITED ON Nov-21-16 AT 01:30PM (MST)[p]As I read Tristate's recent post wherein he lectures us on metaphors and similes, it brought a smile to my face. That guy is truly a legend in his own mind. It also got me thinking about my favorite posts by Tristate over the last few years. Although there are some real doozies to choose from, the following two stand out in my mind:

1. The time that Tristate was mocking the REMF's audited financial statements that were prepared and certified by an independent auditor. Recall how we were comparing that to the lack of transparency provided by SFW and the DWR. In an effort to prove his point and bolster his credibility, Tristate posted a photo of a couple of boxes of random papers and files to show us "what a real audit looks like." There was no simply no way to respond to or refute that feat of pure logic/genius. That has got to be my all-time favorite "tristate'ism."

2. Coming in a close second was Tristate's more recent post in the infamous "blaaam" thread that he started and then asked to have removed from the site. After starting the fire and fanning the flames for a couple of weeks, the thread was blowing up. Then out of the blue, Tristate announced that he started that thread as a joke on all of us and we wook the bait, hook, line and sinker. Tristate was once again basking in the glory of victory and celebrating the fact that he outsmarted the rest of us. Although it is strange that he had his own thread removed, the real travesty is that I cannot go back and read his subsequent post wherein he announced that the joke is really on all of us. Classic Tristate!

What have I missed? Name your favorite Tristate posts or statements. There are plenty to choose from.

**UPDATE** - While I was typing this post, Tristate posted yet again about "winning" or "loosing". The timing of his post was impeccable and reminded me of a couple more of my favorite Tristate'isms. Let me see if I can play his game: Despite my best efforts to match his logic, I keep "loosing" these arguments "%100" of the time. ;-)

-Hawkeye-

Congratulations yall successfully hijacked another thread and made it about me.

As for being a legend in my own mind I don't see me being a legend as ever being a possibility. See unlike you I don't think anything here has credibility. I may be a little old school but I think credibility is necessary to be a legend.

>The slapping was
>a metaphor to what happens
>to you on the forums
>all the time.

So a metaphor about slapping people gives YOU the license to say what you want, yet a metaphor that the sportsman tag guy was sitting on that ram you doscount and make huge deal about?

Got it

Yep. When you say a person is sitting on a ram neither I or anyone else thinks you are literally sitting on a ram. However people do start to believe that you are within striking distance of it and someone else killed it out from under you, AND YALL WANT THAT BELIEF.

This thread is why I quit coming on MM on a regular basis anymore.

All of you are HURTING the hunting community. ALL of you are a bunch of whine asses that do nothing but argue with one another. ALL of you just calling each other names on EVERY thread is tiring...and no longer entertaining!

Fish you have a valid point about the arguing it's juvenile just like our political leaders. but it is entertaining nevertheless.

Tri knows what he's doing, all texicans are good at playing defense they have a lot to be defensive about. if he wasn't having fun he'd leave and if the rest of us weren't being entertained we wouldn't be here either.

It's all good.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom