Let's go fishing....

Evil twin brother- Lahontan Cutthroat

A2A2F33A-12E7-4D53-BCC6-9D86F0CD9E04.jpeg

The laker was caught somehow in the tail on 6lb test! I don’t know how he got it in. And the halibut was 225#. He has all the luck!

A message from our sponsors:

With National Go Fishing Day on June 18th, let's celebrate by sort of emulating the Post One Photo Per Day thread. In this one, however, post any images that are fishing related, including those showing off the catch, ie. dead & hero shots are OK. Include one or two lines of descrpition. And as in the other thread, please do not hijack the thread with other discussions unrelated to the posted images. Start a separate thread!

Let's try to stay with a couple images per day apiece, tho. I'll start it off.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programing.

My SO, Ellen, & Butch Geier landing a nice northern pike at Vallecito Lake, Colo.

VallecitoPike.jpg

Last edited:
The daily double happened right before dawn on Lake El Salto in Mexico. I was tossing a surface bait with two treble hooks. The biggest of the two fish ingested it where several hooks became embedded. So while my trusty guide was trying to get it all unhooked, I picked up another rod with a spinnerbait attached and nailed the 2nd fish on the first cast. Both were over 5 lbs. & released.

tmbass2.jpg

All these lake pleasant pics are fun. When I lived in cave creek and had my Stratos, I spent a lot of time there. I don’t have any pics, but I have a chipped tooth from a tequila bottle as a souvenir of one of the white bass all-nighters. :confused:

The construction of the two bridges over new river on the carefree highway was also my first “real“ project as project manager. I wish I had a pic of the chaos when we opened up a rattlesnake den in the wash. Dozens of snakes became fill that day.

These are terrible scans from newsprint, but they commemorate one of the best trout fishing days I ever experienced at normally dry Mexican Hay Lake, near Springerv.ille, AZ. Using black Wooly Buggers, Joe Reynolds & I caught & released about 50 of these football-sized rainbows in the span of three hrs. during a rain storm. We decided to quit when the lightning decided to start.

I13839.jpg

tony3.jpg

Last edited:
that's it......only native to one place....Silver King creek that flows east off the Sierra's into Carson.

They were transplanted into the north fork of Cottonwook creek in 1946
It was hard telling from that photo because the Paiute has sort of distinctve top-to-bottom 'bar' patterns along the lateral line.

Here's a Paiute I just googled on USFWS site that shows the pattern.

1627320138572.png

And the USFWS describes them as such:
  • Differentiated from other cutthroat trout by a lack of body spots, although some exhibit a few, particularly towards the tail of the fish and along fin margins.
  • Sides are a gradual blend of colors, starting with a copper-green back, fading to peachy-pink, then light yellow, and finishing with a white belly.
  • Opercula, or cheeks, have a rose and peach sheen, complemented with an orange or peach-colored cutthroat slash.
  • They exhibit a striking iridescent purplish hue across the body.

Can someone rotate these pics please. Can’t get them right side up for some reason. Preview shows them right side up,but they post sideways?

That's a redfish, right? Any idea what it weighed?
Yup. They called them Bull Reds down there, when they got over a certain size. If I recall this one measured 47-48”, didn’t weigh any of them. For two days we caught a bunch. One of those, “perfect trips”.

Yup. They called them Bull Reds down there, when they got over a certain size. If I recall this one measured 47-48”, didn’t weigh any of them. For two days we caught a bunch. One of those, “perfect trips”.
The stars never aligned. Although I've wanted to, I've never fished for reds. :(

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom