Let's have some tacos!

Snoopdogg

Long Time Member
Cooked up some more bear meat. Started off with a little diced homemade bacon, then added Mr. Bear and after almost fully cooking, added Montreal Seasoning, chopped Serranos and onion.

Lightly fried some corn tortillas, sprinkled a little Parmesan cheese.

Put good ol' Mr. Bear into said torts and topped that with some diced tomatoes and chopped cilantro and some homemade salsa.

God bless America!

20211110_191122.jpg

20211110_191630.jpg

20211110_191959.jpg

I don't eat bear the only time I tried it I didn't like the taste. But with most wild meats I am guessing it is all in the way you take care of your meat and the way it is cooked.
Was it a high country bear that ate berries?

This guy was fairly high (5k??) and I plugged close to oaks. I assumed that's what his recent feed was.

And you are right about prep/handling too. First deer I ate tasted like ****. Started jerking everything afterwards. Then a buddy "forced" me to try some deer he marinated in Teriyaki and wine-damn it was good!

I bought a wild game cookbook and then realized with a few changes to my cooking approach, all my game cooking is awesome. That was a long time ago.

No sir. Just lightly fry your tort (both sides) to your desired doneness and sprinkle it on when you plate it. I do all the torts at one time and stack them (picture above) so they get Parm on both sides. I think you'll enjoy it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom