Let's See Hunting Dog Pictures!

Is the other pooch with Copper a Jagdterrier? I am a small dog guy, mostly Jack Russells and Terrier/Beagle mixes. I am curious about the Jag's. I have read a few things about their temperament, but I do not have any personal experiences around them. They are s'posed to be pretty relentless little hunters. What's your take on them if any?
Yes sir he was a jagd/airedale cross, second one I have had. Yes sir what you have heard is right they are gamey as all get out, all the wanna do is hunt or hump something. I don’t have any of them anymore but will get another one in the future. They need to be hunted hard, I liked both of mine because they were crossed with Airedale so they were a bit bigger then a regular jagd or Jack but still athletic and quick. They had good temperaments but need to be taught and trained at a young age so you have a good handle on them. Here is a better picture of him around 40-45lbs
IMG_1907.jpeg

Yes sir he was a jagd/airedale cross, second one I have had. Yes sir what you have heard is right they are gamey as all get out, all the wanna do is hunt or hump something. I don’t have any of them anymore but will get another one in the future. They need to be hunted hard, I liked both of mine because they were crossed with Airedale so they were a bit bigger then a regular jagd or Jack but still athletic and quick. They had good temperaments but need to be taught and trained at a young age so you have a good handle on them. Here is a better picture of him around 40-45lbs View attachment 144601
Thanks for the feedback my friend. Good looking dog right there!

Get a dog, fail to train it, be an irresponsible pet owner, shoot dog, then act like you are 'being country' by killing the animal. Outdoor Life writer says hold my beer Kristi. I understand there are times dogs need to be euthanized but there is no need to brag about it and use it to explain life on the farm. I have seen people get so mad at their hunting dogs they are ready to shoot them - problem is the owner did not train the dog, be mad at yourself for being a lousy dog trainer and hunter.

Nice to see a group of people here that love their dogs and provide training and care to them.

Is the other pooch with Copper a Jagdterrier? I am a small dog guy, mostly Jack Russells and Terrier/Beagle mixes. I am curious about the Jag's. I have read a few things about their temperament, but I do not have any personal experiences around them. They are s'posed to be pretty relentless little hunters. What's your take on them if any?
I had two Jag's close to twenty years ago now. I loved them both but they are a handful. Definitely fearless but that can get em killed if your not careful. Cougar got my buddies.

To me they were the hardest dog to break from chasing critters you didn't want them chasing. Even with a shock collar I never really fully broke them from chasing deer.

Mine would even climb a 6 foot wire panel on a dog kennel and jump out. It's like they don't feel pain or don't care.

My second one was about 6 months old close to Thanksgiving one year and all my Family came up to our place for dinner.

I had a large half bear mount about 6 feet up on the wall above my wife's buffet. I had been pointing that bear out to my dog , whom we named Cayenne, for the last couple weeks and I could get her so excited about that bear that she's start jumping on the buffet and almost getting the bear.

About the second time that happened my wife put the kibosh to that.

So I got the brilliant idea I would just hold her up in the air and let my family see how wound up she could get. I no sooner held her up and she started barking and squirmed out of my hands latching on the bears nose. The dog pulled the bear off the wall, they both hit the buffet and then the floor. All the time that dog is attacking that bear for all she's worth and I had trouble pulling her off without getting bit myself!

To say me and the dog were both in the proverbial dog house is an understatement!

Like I said , I loved my Jags but you better be ready for a handful should you get one!

If I can find some old pictures I'll post them.

That little black and white "jack russell" I posted in the palm tree is 1/2 jagd terrier, 3/8 jack russell, and 1/8 chihuahua.....lol....

Jagd terriers are a handful.......his dad made it till 4 when he killed himself.....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom