Lets see if this works....

Bluehair

Long Time Member
Some trail cam pics from SW Colorado. These are all from the same camera although it gets moved around a little changing batteries and stuff.

IMG_0281.JPG
IMG_0280.JPG

08190045.JPG

Bluehair

Splitting my time time between the winter and summer range......

Last edited:
Seems like these days these are the kinds of bucks/bulls you turn up around here.
IMAG0006.JPG
10030760.JPG

Bluehair

Last edited:
I have lots of bobcats on some other cameras nearby. For some reason i dont get them at this spot. Im in SW Colorado. Near groundhog if you know the area.

Bluehair

Finally got my bobcat on this camera. I need a moose now :)
5138510010550.jpg

Bluehair
May you live long enough to cash in those preference points. Amen

These two showed up last week (or whenever the 19th was;-)). Thats about 50 yards off my deck. I didn't used to be scared of the dark....:-(
5006imag0108.jpg

Bluehair

Last edited:
A better picture of the one in front. Much prettier lion, must be a girl. :)

49874imag0107.jpg

Bluehair

The neighbors were having a threesome this morning. Nobody has told these guys its deer season.

42592img1010411.jpg

Bluehair

Apple tree buck.

50220img1010411.jpg

Bluehair

Good timing. Just started checking the cameras at the house. No predator problem here. Thats my house.:)

70140img2004.jpg

Bluehair

Last edited:
He survived. Might be ok next year.

177img2004.jpg

We got turkeys this year. Is it baiting if they come to the bird feeder?
93448img2004.jpg

Bluehair

Bear trail cam pic. Bad bluehair.:-(
19429stc0168.jpg

Coues deer
26612imag0559.jpg

Fox
95525imag0641.jpg

Bluehair

that's awesome to have all those critters around. I get lots of pics of one or two species at any of my spots, but never anything like that.

cheers,
pete

Those waterhole trail cam pics are on public ground in Az. I wish I owned it..... the rest are me.

I have a million more. Check back.:)

Bluehair

Lion. He's chasing that deer along a road that runs sorta diagonally toward you. Deep grass. Maybe this helps show how deep the grass along side the road is.
31926img6180.jpg

Bluehair

Better pic of that buck.
59212img6180.jpg

We have a gene that makes a weird point sometimes.

92149img6180.jpg

Bluehair

LAST EDITED ON Dec-07-19 AT 08:31AM (MST)[p]Thanks. I'll keep adding them until founder runs out of cloud. Only problem is I have so shrink them and it ruins the resolution.

Find the face
62672img7421.jpg

Another lion at the cabin.
52174img7421.jpg

And another
21261img7421.jpg

Bluehair

My favorite lion picture from the cabin. This guy was breeding a female ALL DAY and she didn't sound like she liked it at all.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic but I didn't have a real camera this trip. DOH! This is taken from our deck and that rock is about 150 yards. It was a little weird having them hang around all day. We didn't seem to bother them. BTW that is a big azz tom that everyone tried to catch that winter. For all I know he's the same guy who showed up a few weeks back.
69690img1068.jpg

Bluehair

Little guy
10114img7421.jpg

Scale
45709img7421.jpg

Bluehair

And you thought the state bird was the Lark Bunting.
77220img0245.jpg

Nice cell phone pic eh?:-0

24361img0247.jpg

Bluehair
Splitting my time time between the montane and the mesas......

Testing. Looks like posting pics is easier (y) An "as it lays" lion kill behind the house. Looks like they had venison for Christmas dinner.
IMG_0265.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks. Some got whopperdicked in the upgrade so I went back and fixed the attachments. I might put more up now that its easier.?

That ram used to have his picture in the b&c all time deserts, near the top. ;) Don't know where he is now, havent looked at the book in years.

I met the owner and his wife on a hunting trip, and had a chance to stop by their house and visit. They insisted I pick it up and hold it. The horns are fragile and I thought I would break it. A lot scarier than holding a baby.:D

What a Ram
I should have added it was a pick up. There was a giant rocky sitting next to it, and there is no comparison to this beast. I have real pictures of it somewhere that I will be able to find again when I get my new machine. I had forgotten about that until my nephew sent me that asking about it.

Finally got around to checking a few cameras. Here's another lion who hung around the cabin for a few days last fall. For those keeping score on this camera, thats 4 or 5 lions and ONE bull elk in less than a year.
IMAG0018.JPG
IMAG0013.JPG
IMAG0020.JPG
IMAG0007.JPG

I don't remember what they thought the "official" age was. I looked in the book, and it didn't have growth rings but I want to say I remember 18 or some ridiculous number. He's broomed off a couple for sure.

This guy decided to cruise thru last evening. Sounded like the tasmanian devil was coming up the canyon. :) Pretty sure the trail cam pic from a few days ago is the same bear.
L1030781.JPG
IMAG0353.JPG

We had a little show yesterday afternoon. Second time in the last 25 years we had this show from the back porch. A couple of pics to share.
L1030848.JPG
L1030931.JPG
L1040244.JPG

Planes came from everywhere when it drew a bead on the Kinder Morgan compressor station, the big building in the lower left. This was a 200 acre fire with at least 6 aircraft I could count.
L1040090.JPG
L1040260.JPG
L1040150.JPG

Last edited:
And my concern about wild fires this time of year is the newborn fawns. Ye
L1040070.JPG
L1040568.JPG
sterday was the first time I saw one this year, and I see a lot of deer every day. The next couple of weeks is critical for their survival.

Beautiful pictures, I like all the animals around your cabin. It seems you have a nice little hide away

Boo boo stopped by again yesterday. By the time I could grab my camera, all he would show me was his azz. :confused:
L1040783.JPG
L1040788.JPG

"a picture is worth a thousand words"...cheers to your ongoing thread, its a story of the seasons, and the past adventures.... it would be cool if we all had a thread like this.

Yesterday I got a better look. I think we are becoming friends. :oops: I like the claw marks on the aspen tree.
L1050463.JPG
L1050478.JPG

Thanks, but I decided to put all my public pics in one thread because I am lazy. I'm not sure many people look at the albums.

This is one of the few ongoing threads that I continue to check out everytime I see an update.
Most continue threads are someone basically giving a thumbs up ? to a post that was made weeks or even years ago or a dead horse that continues to be beating. Your posts seem to always share something new and refreshing.
Thanks

Thanks. I coulda got two coyotes chasing some turkeys tonight but I started whistling and yelling and forgot to grab my camera sitting 3 feet away. Doh. :confused:

That ram used to have his picture in the b&c all time deserts, near the top. ;) Don't know where he is now, havent looked at the book in years.

I met the owner and his wife on a hunting trip, and had a chance to stop by their house and visit. They insisted I pick it up and hold it. The horns are fragile and I thought I would break it. A lot scarier than holding a baby.:D
That's a beast!

Thanks for sharing all of these great pictures. Those are mighty big house cats you have behind your house! Any mouse problems? ;-)

So, it's muzzleloader season so I took the camera to the blind. Right off, this deer shows up with an arrow hanging out of his backstrap. This was a few days ago, and i saw him again today hardly limping.
L1060930.JPG

Then this bull across the canyon. I brought a call the next day.
L1060955.JPG
Than some turkeys.
L1070125.JPG

Thanks. I had a terrific show this morning. Maybe I will get them downloaded before evening. I think I even got some good 4k video, but my camera is way smarter than me. :rolleyes:

I know. But they always seem to win and it looks like tag soup again this year. Gunna go look one more time this morning for a keeper, then off to the high country to carry the call and the camera while we chase elks in the black timber. :)

I guess I should get this caught up someday. I can do a whole thread on how a buck recovers from an archery wound.

For now, thanks to eel for the best wishes. A lucky charm ;)
IMG_0538.JPG

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom