Let's see some whitetails!

MeatMissile

I know the seasons have started in a few states, so let's see some brown on the ground! I'm always disappointed with the lack of posts in this section. So let's change that this year. I know many of you guys hunt whitetails, even if you don't want to admit it on this forum.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-07-11 AT 04:53PM (MST)[p]i got my archery whitetail posted in wyoming section

5718mdgc0159.jpg

Heres a few trail cam pics to share
http://www.southerniowatrophyhunts.com

Well, I've never killed an October buck here in northern Idaho, but I did tonight. Normally we take 'em during the Nov. rut.
This was a crazy buck, he came in my garage a few months back while I was working in there, and he's made a habit out of destroying our birch and aspen trees putting down a rub line.

I killed him in my front yard rubbing our trees!
We've been blessed and have killed many deer and elk on our place.

DSCN3815_2_2.jpg

Second pic is wife's '10 whitetail from the treestand on the back of our place...
DSCN3267.jpg

You probably where in your Easy chair Broomd when you took your buck. LOL.

Great buck taken by your wife. Must be some place you have being able to hunt from both yards.

Eldorado

Sweet bucks there folks! I gotta stop looking at this section, I wanna kill one so bad! I just gotta figure out how to do it!

7305dsc02928.jpg

My friend shot ths one last year in early Nov. It was a little early for whitetails but we saw lots of them just not the big bucks, its still a nice deer on public land.

4600dsc02866.jpg

Another buck from the same hunt on public land.It was one of the funnest hunts ive been on.You know its a good hunt when you can shoot a decent deer on the last day of your hunt.Its 7 hours for us to get to whitetail country but well worth it.

6008dsc02895.jpg

I finally got this one right before we left for home.I love living in Idaho it has everything for my obsessions.We also caught 8-10 steelhead every day.You cant hardly beat a cast and blast.I cant wait for this years hunt.Good luck to all.

Looks like you guys are doing pretty good on the whitetails up there. That gets me excited. I want to kill some whitetails.

Rifle season here starts Nov 5th, so far this year the bucks have eluded my bow but next week i'm hoping to match or better last years buck.

This week is going too slowly......

LAST EDITED ON Nov-19-11 AT 01:48AM (MST)[p]

Wife took this buck tonight on the back of our place.
She sat through a two hour whiteout before this guy popped out following some does.
She loves hunting and has taken some great animals over the years.

DSCN3852_2.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Dec-06-11 AT 09:47PM (MST)[p]My Son's first pope and Young on 11/13/11. Perfect shot with his Kodiak. 90 gr. 4 blade muzzy. Drained him at 27 yards. Full rut. Life is good!

33942012pics_079.jpg

54572011muzzprofile.jpg

Struggled through archery season, and rifle season, but was able to finally tag a decent buck during our muzzleloader season. Can't hold a candle to some of those Saskatchewan deer, my lord, but was happy to take this one anyways!

I shot this 10 pointer on December 2nd 2011 in Wisconsin with my muzzleloader. It was a frustrating gun season until that point.

6440dsc04030.jpg

8171dsc04038.jpg

I was able to make it back out to NE for the last 3 days of Muzzleloader. Took a little while, but I finally got my whitetail. First decent whitetail that I have killed.

8673dscn5144.jpg

This is the biggest buck I have ever seen killed. To be clear, I passed up sitting this stand [for a better one- arrrrgg] the day my rancher buddies helper arrowed this buck [his first!]. He shot and lost it but we ended up finding it for him a couple days later. I think it was 214" gross, Central Kansas

jmagee84,

That is a great first buck any where! Kind of sets the standard pretty high for the next one.

Thanks for sharing it.

I agree with setting the bar high. I was actually hunting mule deer up high but got snowed out, so I went for whitetail in the river bottom and this 8x8 was the second buck I saw. The first was a 5x5 that was wider and had alot better tine length.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Whitetail Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Whitetail Pros Guide Service

Southern Iowa and Missouri Private Land Whitetail Hunts. Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader.

Antler Creek Whitetails

Archery hunt in Northeast Kansas. Rut and pre-rut, hunting from treestands and blinds.

Back
Top Bottom