Lets see some youth bulls.. Here is a ours

NMPaul

LAST EDITED ON Oct-09-12 AT 10:49PM (MST)[p]I know some great youth bulls have been taken. Seen pics in emails, facebook, phone. Lets post em up.

Here is my Niece's bull from this last weekend, not the biggest, but, her first and was real proud of the great shot she made and the packing in and out they did.

I have been excited about this hunt since my niece drew it. She just turned 14 and has killed some whitetail, but, has never been elk hunting.
Zach and I were pumped to introduce her to elk hunting here in NM.
We had packed in a camp to one of our favorite spots. The night before we packed my brother and her in. Before dark, Zach and her went and got these pics only a few hundred yards from camp.
I decided to have a campfire that night anyhow, and it did not seem to matter. Had bugling all night and in the morning they passed within less than 100 yards from camp before it was light.

A big fog rolled in overnight, and first thing in the morning we had a herd pass by us less than 100 yards away.
We finally got going as the fog lifted a little. Had about 30 yards of visibility. We followed bugles till we were on a herd about a mile from camp and passed on a 300" 6x6 herd bull. The fog rolled in and then out, but, we had another bull coming in hard that sounded bigger, we gambled and lost. Never got a good look at the second bull and got busted in the fog.
Zach had stayed on top of the mountain to glass for more elk. We met up with him, and we both spotted this guy about the same time 1000 yards away.

2012SarahselkKodak021.jpg

Zach took this pic with our $116 camera at 900 yards, he was headed our way and I think he saw the 3 of us moving through the trees. Rookie mistake. He locked on the hill we were on. We got within 550 yards before he moved off, figured may as well try to call him back and got him to come a little way, but, got a few other bulls talking. We went after the best sounding bugle after he gave up on us and headed into the thick trees. Crossed a hill got set up and called this bull out of the trees.
Niece made a 276 yard shot and dropped him in his tracks. 2.5 mile pack out that took us the rest of the day. Great day. We could have held out, but, a great shot, and a first bull. It does not get better than that.

2012SarahselkKodak027.jpg

2012SarahselkKodak024.jpg

CONGRATS to the Young Lady!! Great bull anytime! A BIG thumbs up to You Paul for helping her get her 1st Bull!

>Nice one,great first bull! Way to
>go PaulC Clan for job
>well done!

Hank you getting excited for your ML hunt this weekend, I know I am chomping at the bit.

congrats on all youth hunters...hope to have our boys bring cow elk home! I KNOW it is just a cow but fun for the boys..

Vini, cow hunts are a blast. We have at least one this year.

That 5x5 that Cole killed is one of the biggest 5xs I have seen. What a trophy. I think he is now hooked on elk hunting, if he was not already.

congrats to the young hunters. those are some awesome elk. i remember the first elk i killed it was on a youth hunt too.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-10-12 AT 07:27PM (MST)[p]CONGRATS to ALL the Young Ladies & Men for their Great Bulls! Vinni Good Luck on your Boys Cow hunt. Cow or bull they are all fun & Getting outdoors is the best part!!

LAST EDITED ON Oct-10-12 AT 09:56PM (MST)[p]Here is another happy youth hunter! 15 years old and shoots a bull of a lifetime! bull has estimated 20 inches of broken tines and still tapes out at 350 inches! Sure wish he hadnt broke his other third off at the main beam, would have been one cool looking bull. NM gives some awesome opportunities to youth hunters! I love it!

9388mm_josh.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Oct-11-12 AT 01:19PM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/405316e__youth_hunt_everyone.jpg

Youth hunt success! 11 years old first bull elk!

268916e_youth_hunt.jpg

Would of been likely been a 350" bull but pretty broken! He was very excited non the less!

>>Nice one,great first bull! Way to
>>go PaulC Clan for job
>>well done!
>
>
>Hank you getting excited for your
>ML hunt this weekend, I
>know I am chomping at
>the bit.

Yeah I'm amped,cooking and packing today. Should be great hunt.
Saw a great bull brought into Quemado from local area yesterday,14 yr old hunter. Very cool. Guessing 340 bull.35 yrd shot,called in.

My Son, Hunter4Life ,forgot his password, so here are some pics of his 2012 Youth Muzzleloader Bull! We Had a couple close encounters with MONSTERS, with no luck:( so on our last morning to hunt we went to some flatter country where we expected to find a cow or 2, and got lucky with this gnarly bull!!!
7283elkjurassic.jpg

8542mattselkjp.jpg

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom