Let's See Those Bulls! Nice Daypack Giveaway

Photo contest

Founder

Founder Since 1999
LET'S SEE THOSE TROPHY BULLS!

Regardless if you've had success with a rifle, muzzleloader or archery, share your success! Share your kids' successes, your brothers or dad, etc. We'd all just love to see what everyone is taking this year. Just a fun thread with trophy photos.
Share your 2021 bull elk success photos for a chance to WIN a nice daypack!

The good folks at Bad Ass Outdoor Gear have got an Eberlestock Bandit Daypack to give away to one of you who shares a great photo.

Share a little detail about the success too!

We'll run the photo contest/giveaway for a few months and then I'll randomly pick a winner.

Thanks to Bad Ass Outdoor Gear for donating the prizes for the contests and PLEASE everyone, when you're in the market to upgrade your gear, please shop Bad Ass Outdoor Gear and give them a chance to earn your business for good. They've got a large selection of hunting gear for you to look through.

Here's the prize that's up for grabs.

A950CF92-8556-44AE-B04A-BE2603BFD5AA.png

This is my 15 year old daughter's 1st elk ever! I hunted this bull on the bow hunt so I had a pretty good idea of what need to be done for her to kill hill him.
3 quick shots at 308 yards 1st light opening morning it was all over with!
This was better than killing any of my animals on the wall she said he is going on the wall dad!

Screenshot_20211025-055616_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20211025-055545_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20211025-055624_Gallery.jpg

2 more bulls down this year with the
.270 130 soft points for the gentleman wondering!

Little brothers first hunt at 12 years old. Fired a shot from 160 yards out and nailed him, perfect shot with a 6.5 creedmoor. Opening morning harvest. Glad I could get him out and harvest a bull for his first kill. Afterwards, it was about 26 degrees out and I asked are you that cold because he was shaking so much and he says "No I'm just excited!" Made my day!! Earlier in the hunt he asked me if I could get him a framed backpack like the one I have, and I said we'll work on it and then came across this post!

bull.jpg

Little brothers first hunt at 12 years old. Fired a shot from 160 yards out and nailed him, perfect shot with a 6.5 creedmoor. Opening morning harvest. Glad I could get him out and harvest a bull for his first kill. Afterwards, it was about 26 degrees out and I asked are you that cold because he was shaking so much and he says "No I'm just excited!" Made my day!! Earlier in the hunt he asked me if I could get him a framed backpack like the one I have, and I said we'll work on it and then came across this post!

View attachment 57744

bull 2.jpg

Opening day OTC 3rd rifle bull in Colorado! My first bull, spotted over a mile away dropped 2200 feet of elevation and sprinted over deadfalls every 2 feet, thinking I would pop out at 200 yards but ended up at 50 feet. Shot with a 6.5 creedmoor the elk didn’t even flinch, rapidly getting too dark to find him that night. I made the heart wrenching climb back up to my camp not knowing if I hit him or wounded him as I couldn’t see very much blood, asked a friend what he though of the type and amount of blood he said the bull was prolly wounded but not dead, the next morning I packed my camp up hiked the 5 miles back out to my truck to see if I could get closer to where I shot the bull, made a 3 mile hike over super nasty country to get back to the spot where I shot him. He only went 50 yard. Prolly the best day of my life! It has taken me 7 years to put an elk on the ground and I did it with a great public land bull green score of 326.

5651C919-AF2E-4923-9D00-0B85B78B6EF9.jpeg

8D342C5F-DF9A-4F37-B7AF-0CF1AD0AE1E1.jpeg

0C4E1A43-8AE2-4FFC-94CE-AC4695DD65A6.jpeg

Opening day OTC 3rd rifle bull in Colorado! My first bull, spotted over a mile away dropped 2200 feet of elevation and sprinted over deadfalls every 2 feet, thinking I would pop out at 200 yards but ended up at 50 feet. Shot with a 6.5 creedmoor the elk didn’t even flinch, rapidly getting too dark to find him that night. I made the heart wrenching climb back up to my camp not knowing if I hit him or wounded him as I couldn’t see very much blood, asked a friend what he though of the type and amount of blood he said the bull was prolly wounded but not dead, the next morning I packed my camp up hiked the 5 miles back out to my truck to see if I could get closer to where I shot the bull, made a 3 mile hike over super nasty country to get back to the spot where I shot him. He only went 50 yard. Prolly the best day of my life! It has taken me 7 years to put an elk on the ground and I did it with a great public land bull green score of 326.

View attachment 59067

View attachment 59068

View attachment 59069

A Winner Has Been Drawn!!

Member, Deerlove, is the lucky one and wins the Eberlestock Bandit Daypack from our giveaway sponsor, Bad Ass Outdoor Gear.

Thanks to everyone who shared photos. The big bulls are always fun to look at. Congratulations to all the successful hunters too!

1634243194020-png.png

LET'S SEE THOSE TROPHY BULLS!

Regardless if you've had success with a rifle, muzzleloader or archery, share your success! Share your kids' successes, your brothers or dad, etc. We'd all just love to see what everyone is taking this year. Just a fun thread with trophy photos.
Share your 2021 bull elk success photos for a chance to WIN a nice daypack!

The good folks at Bad Ass Outdoor Gear have got an Eberlestock Bandit Daypack to give away to one of you who shares a great photo.

Share a little detail about the success too!

We'll run the photo contest/giveaway for a few months and then I'll randomly pick a winner.

Thanks to Bad Ass Outdoor Gear for donating the prizes for the contests and PLEASE everyone, when you're in the market to upgrade your gear, please shop Bad Ass Outdoor Gear and give them a chance to earn your business for good. They've got a large selection of hunting gear for you to look through.

Here's the prize that's up for grabs.

View attachment 56231

1278802F-3DF1-4CAA-9E4F-477D1245B801.jpeg

2B7F6C45-08C0-4A63-9AB8-8175FEE281A8.jpeg

723ADB23-CC69-4B94-8098-C04983BC87A8.jpeg

2021 Wasatch Early Rifle.
Couldn’t get a clean shot the night before. He broke off his right side whale tail sparring with another bull.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom