Let's see your biggest ever whitetail

Hunter53

Just for fun let's see the biggest whitetail you have ever taken.
Here is mine from 3 years ago.
5Zo7QiN.jpg

n60nn1s.jpg

Mmn9Y84.jpg

For you guys that have killed giants, what do you think the best bet is, for a guy that lives in the West, to get a big whitetail?

For you guys that have killed giants, what do you think the best bet is, for a guy that lives in the West, to get a big whitetail?

Don't know if mine is considered a giant but to answer your question with what I think for the states I have hunted in. Mine came from NE but I am sure I will never shoot a bigger one; I got really lucky. I have shot a few in the 140-160 range.

First thing would be to be able to hunt private ground that is not hunted too hard in KS, IA and maybe NE. I say private ground as there is not a lot of public ground and what there is gets hunted hard.
Those who do hunt the ground need to be willing to pass on shooting the real nice younger deer.

Getting one in the 140-150 range is pretty common. It is those 180 and up gross score deer are REAL hard to come by unless you own a lot of ground and really control what and how many get shot each year.
This is a mid 140's deer. Can't remember the exact score. He was an old BIG bodied deer that was never going to grow a real big rack.
oSSx6rp.jpg

Have you passed up shots In recent years on this buck?
Didn't have any shots in previous years, Also never put any effort to hunting him. Saw him many times, mostly during archery season and in late December. Gave some serious thought about trying for him with my bow last year but never did. This year he added a bunch of NT points and mass, and I just had to try. Probably one of the top five whitetails I have ever seen.
DSCN3846.JPG
DSCN3820.JPG
DSCN3828.JPG
DSCN3875.JPG

I’m just getting going on the whitetail so I only have two so far but this is my best. I hope to hunt whitetail again next year if everything works out. We have been hunting walk in access areas in Kansas so it is nothing like YouTube but still fun. We are going to try the archery hunt next year and hope for less broken antlers on the bucks. They must fight like crazy out there during the rut, some bucks are not worth shooting because they have nearly broken all their antlers off their heads. Fun stuff.

8C66FB6E-3BFA-4256-94EC-B5C1D8407CB3.png

FA536FC8-0E82-4CD6-A25B-38821CAC9335.png

I've killed my biggest deer in the rut the last 2 years. BUT I had 1 target buck each year and the entire season to hunt smart with archery and rifle to get it done.

I think a late season muzzleloader hunt over standing beans on a well managed property would be the best chance at a giant.

Gorgeous bucks from the state of Missouri, wow. This thread is full of great bucks that are making that whitetail itch a little stronger.

2016 in east TN in a county that has never had a 170 net whitetail ever taken. 177 gross BC 163 net. Nets are for fishing.

View attachment 64918
Nice one Weaver!! I also live East TN, and hunt the mountains. Also got about a dozen trail cams on public and private land. But I don't believe I got a pic of this guy!

You ever frequent TNDeer.com? I'm a regular on there as well.

Here is a photo of mine from above a few months ago when I picked him up at taxidermist. I don’t long arm my photos but no other way I could hold the mount. BTW -Took him with vertical bow on public land. (I scout a lot every year)

75D473C3-5041-40A3-96DF-4B068E71BFA3.jpeg

Can i be your new best friend and hunt with you?
Lol, I just got lucky found the right spot the right year. Friend of mine hunted the same tree same dates this season and saw nothing. Didn’t hurt mine was gored blind on driver’s side. You can see in top photo. I’m out scouting 3 new public properties this week and all sucked. Exhausted myself in sunny 60 degree heat just to eliminate these. One more day and I’m done for this “winter”.

2016 in east TN in a county that has never had a 170 net whitetail ever taken. 177 gross BC 163 net. Nets are for fishing.

View attachment 64918
Just saw this WW79. Nice one for sure! East TN? Hmmm. My stomping grounds.
If I remember correctly, 2016 was the year of multiple brush fires. The whole woods smelled like smoke. Best cover scent ever!
Congrats!

Just saw this WW79. Nice one for sure! East TN? Hmmm. My stomping grounds.
If I remember correctly, 2016 was the year of multiple brush fires. The whole woods smelled like smoke. Best cover scent ever!
Congrats!
And right before the huge die off. Has still not recovered even close to what it was prior to 2016. Middle and west TN were not hit nearly as bad.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Whitetail Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Whitetail Pros Guide Service

Southern Iowa and Missouri Private Land Whitetail Hunts. Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader.

Antler Creek Whitetails

Archery hunt in Northeast Kansas. Rut and pre-rut, hunting from treestands and blinds.

Back
Top Bottom