Let's see your Buffalo

Buckhunter1955

92897newimage.jpg
Mozambique, Shot this Buffalo the day I turned 50 years old.

Zambia with a 300 Win-Mag with a busted Tasco scope...a running adrenaline dump of slinging brass Blood splatters (his not mine) a solid dose of confusion or where that bad boy went or was going...

1284closeheadaa.jpg

>Zambia with a 300 Win-Mag with
>a busted Tasco scope...a running
>adrenaline dump of slinging brass
>Blood splatters (his not mine)
>a solid dose of confusion
>or where that bad boy
>went or was going...
>
>
>
1284closeheadaa.jpg

I'm curious, given that a .375 is minimum caliber requirement, why you shot a Buffalo with a .300 Winchester. While I love the .300 Winchester caliber, it is NOT a Buffalo caliber... or legal.
Please explain.

It was a loooooong time ago...had been living in Europe for a couple of years...the opportunity came up and the gun to borrow through correspondence was indeed a .375...the same caliber I shot my moose with in AK...also a borrowed gun...borrowed a gun for my Asian ibex too... On arrival that gun was "gone" and that is what I was given to use...having the idea kicking around in the back of my brain to someday hunt them with a bow I figured the gun had more punch that a flying razor blade and was assured they had taken many buff with the gun and it worked fine.

OK, that makes sense. I just found it so unusual that you'd prominently mention using a caliber that is less than 375. Now I understand. Heck, I'd like to shoot a Buffalo or three with my 338. It can be done legally in Burkina Faso and, I believe, in Benin.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom