Lets see your hunting knives...

just_a_hunter

I done a post last year on hunting knives. Let's do it again. It's one of the most important tools in our possibles. Lets see your favorite from any maker, brand, etc...

These are a few I've done this year. Once again, I'm not trying to sell my knives. Just like sharing and seeing.

Here is a Thayn Custom Knife #3 profile with Birdseye Maple Burl and an elk antler pinned ferro rod.

image_zpsdwilju00.jpg

image_zpsjgnnlvjf.jpg

image_zpswjehwpal.jpg

image_zpsix7hcdya.jpg

This is my knife. The first one I've made that I'm actually going to keep. Custom knives are an investment, even for the maker. It's a TCK #1 with California Buckeye burl with matching ferro rod and black basket weave sheath.

IMG_1977_zpsvaw1rrly.jpg

IMG_1978_zps1ddnzi6z.jpg

IMG_1979_zpslhnpnjqs.jpg

IMG_1980_zpsnhocaaya.jpg

This is a Hidden Tang Rasp knife with lined elk antler and brass furniture in a 100% hand tooled sheath.

ht1_zpsegxzxo5d.jpg

ht13_zpsndg1tlfn.jpg

ht2_zpsna1kiapn.jpg

ht3_zpsoluw96c5.jpg

ht8_zpsvoqogrur.jpg

ht4_zpsqpywjay8.jpg

ht5_zpsnusbcbfm.jpg

ht9_zpskg5vfbvg.jpg

ht15_zpscaajkye8.jpg

ht16_zpsevoyckjp.jpg

ht17_zps6dwasu1s.jpg

This is a full tang rasp knife with a taper tang with lined water buffalo horn scales in a cross draw duty belt sheath.

rasp2_zps0zxnukhl.jpg

rasp1_zps5s7rhbpt.jpg

rasp3_zpsgnetkigi.jpg

rasp6_zpsnyewrtha.jpg

image_zpszgn9n5bd.jpg

image_zpsv4vigkde.jpg

Thanks for looking and lets see what you're packing this year.

Todd

I really like the water buffalo knife!!! How much for that one??? They are all great looking knives...

I have an old WW II marine knife my dad made a handle and sheath for a long time ago. He passed a few years back. I take it on every Big Game hunt I go on. When it's time for skinning I pull it out and he and his knife helps me get the job done. I have a couple more knife's I use also just to let them all in on the fun ! No sense sharping them if I am not going to use them. :D

404sam0706.jpg

5281sam0708.jpg

3846sam0709.jpg

can you make me a knife like the first one with a sheath like the second one???.....without the sharpener???

Once again, I really am not trying to sell my knives on this post but I am very honored and humbled for the interest. It means a lot and thank you all.

Tikka, Thanks for your interest. These knives are all sold. The Buffalo Horn Rasp knife sold for $275 fyi... I can build another if you are interested and if the tang doesn't have to be tapered or the scales lined, that will save you $125 from the price. P.M. me if I can help you out.

Brutus54, That knife is awesome and an amazing heirloom that will be cherished for generations. Thanks for sharing your awesome knife.

Homer, P.M. sent.

Keep them coming. Love a great knife and knife story!

Todd

With 37 years as a full time butcher, I doubt that many here have cut as much animal flesh as I have.

My hunting knife is sharp, efficient, plain Jane and cheap.

About 30 bucks.

31Vi7aQIvCL._SY355_.jpg

16-4.jpg

used havelon and switched 2-3 years ago the to outdoor edge changeable blade knife.
The Havelon blade is 10 times better but I use the outdoor edge because they are stronger and safer to switch out

Beautiful knives. I'll share. Both of these blades I rescued from the knife bin at Deseret Industries and fitted to mule deer sheds.
AS far as hunting, I carry a simple locking blade and a 6" Rapala Fillet knife for fine work like caping.

343020150220114849.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom